Chapter 1: New School, Fresh Start

(A/N)
Before we start I DO NOT own Big Time Rush or ANY of their songs. The only thing I own is the story, the plot, and my characters. This is just a fanfiction so if something doesn't make sense. . . sorry but. . . that's the power of fanfictions!! *laughs awkwardly* oooook let's start!!!

°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°

"Wake up sweety!" I wake up to the sound of my aunt's beautiful voice.

"Hey aunty!" I said to her, still a bit sleepy.

"Change to your new clothes and come down for breakfast, you don't want to be late for school!"

"Ok aunty!" I sat up on my bed and started processing what my aunt just said.

"Shoot! Today's the first day of my new school!" I said to myself realizing what my aunt just said.

I quickly got up and took a shower, and changed into my brand new clothes, a pair of black jeans, a plain white t-shirt, a pair of vans, grabbed my backpack and rushed downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey sleepy head!" My uncle said to me, "Aunt Emma made delicious pancakes, you should try them!"

"PANCAKES!!! I love your pancakes aunty!" I said pretty excited, my aunt's pancakes are the best!

I sat down next to my uncle Ben and my aunt put a plate of delicious pancakes in front of me and she went to cook some for herself.

"So. . . are you excited for your first day of school? A fresh new school and a fresh new start!" My uncle said with his mouth full of pancakes, made me laugh a bit.

"Yeah. . . I just hope this year won't be like last year. . ." Last year was my worst school year ever! I was the laughing stock of my whole school. It first started with people calling me ugly or stupid, it made me feel really insecure that I even started wearing a mask to hide my face.

I felt like the most hideous person in the world, and to be honest, I still feel that way.

"Oh honey, this year won't be anything like last time! I promise! Trust me! And remember, you are beautiful inside and out, people are just too blind to see your beauty!" I got cut off of my thoughts by my aunt's beautiful words, she is the best aunt ever and always knows what to say! I love her so much!

"Thanks so much aunty! I love you so much!"

"I love you too sweetie!"

"It's getting late. I don't want to make a bad first impression. Bye uncle Ben! Bye aunty Emma! Love you both!"

"Bye Nicole. Good luck! Love you!" They both said at the same time which made me chuckle a little.

Well it's time for the first day of school at Meadows High School, or should I say first day of hell?!

I got out of my house and checked my backpack to make sure I wasn't missing anything. My books, my notebooks, my pencil pouch, my phone, my headphones, and my keys, I think that's it.

I connected my bluetooth headphones to my phone and played some music. My school is near so I'll ride my bike to school.

I got on my bike and started petaling my way to hell. It took around 5 minutes and now I could see my brand new school.

I parked my bike on the parking lot thingy for bikes and stayed there for a minute thinking. Should I wear my mask? No, yes, no, yes, NO, YES! I sighed and whispered to myself "I guess I'll put it on. . ."

I put on my black mask with a drawing of a bear's mouth on it and started heading to the entrance of my school.

"Fresh new school, fresh new start! Right?" I whispered trying to encourage myself.

I got in and went directly to the office. HAH! Like if I had good luck! I'm completely lost! AND classes almost start!

Shoot! What am I going to do? I saw a group of girls and decided to take all my courage to ask them. I got closer to them and said really quietly.

"Hmm. . . e- excuse me? D- do y- you know whe-where's the-e principal's o- office?" She looked at me weirded out.

"Eww! Get. Away. From me. You Freak!"

I shouldn't have worn my mask! Ugh why am I so stupid!? But it would have probably been an even worse reaction, I am a freak!

A teacher interrupted my thoughts.

"Umm. . . excuse me little lady! You should be in your class by now! The bell almost rings, or do you want to get detention?!"

"Oh no Mrs. I'm new here and I got lost, I was supposed to go to the principal's office but no one helped me and I couldn't find it."

I said quietly "Oh ok! I'll take you to it. And you should really speak up, I couldn't hear you that clear."

She showed me where it was and I went in. The principal told me my classes and gave me a map of the school so I quickly went to my first period, math, ugh!

I entered the math classroom 201, and as soon as I opened the door all the kids quickly stared at me, I started to feel nervous.

I could see some kids whispering something to others, probably about me. The first day of school and people are already talking sheep about me, how lovely!

"Hi! Are you Nicole?" A teacher said, she got me off guard.

"Y- yeah."

"I'm Mrs. Martinez! Your new math teacher! Take a seat on that empty spot."

She points to an empty spot near a guy, he looks latino, and cute! No, what am I thinking!? The first guy I see and I already think he's cute!?!

"Just take a seat Nicole!!" I mumble to myself and take a seat next to this guy.

"Hi! I'm Carlos! Welcome to Meadows High! What's your name?" He told me with a huge smile on his face and he seemed very friendly.

"H-hi! M-my na-name is Ni-nicole!" I said with an awkward smile, why do I have to be so shy?!

"Cool name! If I may ask, why do you wear a mask?" I don't feel comfortable talking about this so I just looked down at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"I'm sorry, if you don't want to tell me it's completely fine." I smiled at him.

"Hey! You want to sit with me and my buds during lunch!?" He told me changing the topic, what a sweet guy.

"Y-yeah, if you want me to. . ." I told him, why am I SO SHY!?

"Of course I want you too!! Why do you think I asked you!?" He laughed which made me chuckle.

"We should probably pay attention to class now," he chuckled and I did too.

I was feeling a little bit more comfortable, I hope this year is nothing like my last one. . .

°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°

(A/N)
Hey fellow rushers! Sam here! I hope you enjoyed! Sorry if this chapter is kinda boring but I promise the juicy stuff would happen!! Hehehehehehehehe!!! Thanks for reading! If you are liking this story please share with your fellow rusher friends! Sam, out, peace! ✌