Waning Gibbous

Začať od začiatku

Seungmin was very conflicted. He shook his head, going back to the book to get his mind off it.

Demons are known for bloodred eyes and are the dark of the divines. Demons have immunity to drugs and alcohol and are known to be amazing actors and storymakers. Trickery is as much of their nature as secret-keeping is to angels. However, their emotions are hard to keep in at times, and they are more emotional than their others. It is hard for them to keep big secrets, best at simple white lies. They are more empathetic and also can read people easily. They are known to be good at fitting in with the crowd and are much better at becoming more popular, socially. They are most powerful at the new moon.

Well, that didn't help. Because now Seungmin realized that this description fit Hyunjin very well. Too well for comfort.

Hyunjin definitely can take a lot of alcohol, as he drank 3 cups of punch as if it were nothing, while Jisung drank 3 and passed out, which also matches up with angels' descriptions. Hyunjin is very dramatic and loves acting. He also had a knack for knowing people's feelings. And he's very empathetic and popular. His red eyes as well, though those could be contacts...

But remember how flustered he is whenever Seungmin asks about them?

If this isn't fiction, and his best friend and crush are divines and they've been keeping this huge secret since forever...

Especially Jisung.

Seungmin was gonna be very betrayed.

Conflicted.

Even...sad.

"That's an interesting read you got there," said a voice. Seungmin jumped, but it was just an employee.

The boy laughed. He had brown hair with colorful pink and green highlights, "Sorry for the scare. Here's your macarons and tea." He put down the food, "Hyunjin wanted me to bring your food out first so that you didn't have to wait long."

Seungmin nodded, "Thanks." He sipped the boba. It was delicious and refreshing. As he chewed on the jelly-like tapioca at the bottom, he said, "This book is very interesting, I just don't know whether it's fiction or not, though, since it's...unclassified."

"Oh, it's very real," The boy winked, and Seungmin's eyes widened. The boy's eyes were crimson.

"The name's Donghyuck, by the way," he said. After taking in Seungmin's rather shocked expression and realizing he was staring at the demon's eyes, he said, "And if you've read the paragraph, yes, I'm a demon. We do exist. My boyfriend, Mark," he gestured to the black-haired boy a few tables away, "is a human-angel. Jaemin and Jisung are human, but Renjun's human-demon, Jeno's full demon, and Chenle's a hybrid."

"Woah..." was all Seungmin said, "Do they know?"

"Yeah. We all know each other well in that sense." Donghyuck smiled kindly, "Not many people have picked up that book, it's a very good informational guide. If only we could put it in nonfiction without being controversial..." the boy trailed off, "I trust you with this information. Please don't say to anyone unless they're divine, please."

"Got it," Seungmin said with a smile.

"...Can I buy this book, though?" he asked.

"Yep, all the books here can be bought," Renjun said, coming up behind the two, "And you know what, I'll just let you take that, free of charge. You're my boyfriend's friend's crush, after all."

"No, no it's ok, I'll pay-"

"Please, it's fine, you can have it," Donghyuck laughed.

"Seriously, though, I can just pay-"

"Bro, just take it," they both said.

Seungmin laughed weakly, "Ok, then, fine." He put his wallet away.

"What's with the down face?" Renjun asked.

"It's just..." Should he say? 

Frick it. "I think Hyunjin's a demon, and my best friend Jisung's an angel, and I'm scared."

"Well, Hyunjin does have signs...Chenle said he felt it," Renjun trailed off. 

"Don't be scared of us," Donghyuck said, "We're nothing like the legends. Those are shit. Many of us, no matter what type, are nice, average people. Many of us don't like to open up about it, though. Many people are divine-phobic because they don't believe things like that book. So don't be too hard on anyone that you think may be divine."

Seungmin nodded, even though he may not be able to take this to heart. He took a bite of his delicious macaron, savoring the sweet flavor.

"Ayo, back off," Hyunjin threatened jokingly, holding a pumpkin spice milkshake and a donut.

"Sorry, sorry, no need to get defensive," Donghyuck said jokingly, backing away, "See ya sometime, Seungmin," the boy added, walking off.

"Yeah, I better get going, too," Renjun said, patting Hyunjin on the back, "Good luck with your date."

Hyunjin laughed as the other left, "They didn't bother you, did they?"

"Nope," Seungmin said with a small smile. Satisfied, Hyunjin sat down.

"Find anything interesting?" he asked, eyeing the bookshelves.

"Nothing here, maybe check another section," Seungmin lied, quickly sliding the book away in his bag.

"Maybe later, I just wanna talk to you," Hyujin said with a wink.

Seungmin laughed, "Alright, then."