代替宇宙 ツーショット | What is the medicine for the broken heart? [TechiMemi]

continuation of one cold night

For the past few years, Yurina has been stuck in the middle of sorrow. Regrets has filled her heart for she have to encounter the wedding of the love of her life Nagahama Neru, through a coincidence. It ached, fate must be punishing her for her reckless and stupid decision that night. And yet, she couldn't do anything. It's already too late for her to run and reach Neru's hand because Neru have already shared her I do's with a Watanabe. All she can do is to hide on a tree and muffle her hiccups as she watch the couple embrace each other in front of a Shinto God's shrine and in front of their relatives.

Standing up to take her leave, away from the tree she's hiding behind, the short haired girl hugged herself before taking steps farther from the scene. But before she can even fully leave, a hand have grabbed her wrist, pulling Yurina into a tight hug. Kakizaki Memi, one of Neru's co-worker on that rental girlfriend work. "It's been a while. You suddenly disappeared." Memi mumbled, gripping onto Yurina's hoodie. Techi bit her lower lip, hugging the long haired girl back so that the younger won't see her pathetic crying face.

It aches, it hurts. Heartbreaks truly is very painful especially when you loved a person you will never reach. A person who is too far away from you, shining in the middle of your darkness. Hirate Yurina cannot respond to her long time friend's question, instead she broke down and cry it out on her. "I was too naive." Yurina answered, voice cracking from too much emotion. "She looks like the happiest woman now and that just makes me feel very sad." Yurina added

"I still love Neru."

With that, Memi dragged Yurina on the Zelkova tree not that far away from the shrine. "Remember this place, Yurina?" Memi chuckled looking at the green leaves of the tree before turning her gaze back to the short haired girl, wiping Yurina's tears with her warm finger, caressing the latter's face to somehow comfort her. "This is where we first met because that girl introduced me to you." Memi said in a grateful tone. "I was so forceful at some things but I'm really happy whenever I see Yurina smile." Memi added with a smile. Techi doesn't know what to respond to any of those words, making her look down in embarassment for herself.

To prevent the awkward silence, Memi spoke once again for the both of them. "While you were gone, I studied medicine. I have became a pharmacist." Memi smiled and held Yurina's hands. "It is because of you. You always get sick without her knowing. I did everything for you to notice me. All the things I do, it's all because of you." The long haired girl tried her best to keep her voice stable despite of nervousness.

"And yet you chose to love someone who is clearly in love with one of your bestfriends."

That's when the pain suddenly hits harder. She's aware about the fact that Neru has always been in love with Risa, one of her bestfriends. Even if she's always with Neru, it has been decided by fate that Risa is the winner from the very start. And yet, Yurina continued to hope but decided to give up later on because of the penetrating pain in her heart. Even if you are very determined to fight for someone you love, if pain hits you in a very hurtful way, then all of the efforts you have done will be gone to waste.

"I'm such a selfish woman for being happy when they decided to get married. Happy that maybe I will have a chance." She took a step closer to the older, resting her forehead on Yurina's chest, hugging her tightly in loneliness and longing. "I've been waiting for you all this time. I'm so happy that you came back yet sad that I can see your heart cracking through your eyes." Just like that, Memi's tears finally have fallen from her glistening eyes. "I want to build you up from your fall."

Unsure about how to respond, if she should give the girl a chance to be with her, Yurina asked. "Then, Ms. Pharmacist, what is the medicine for the broken heart?"

Memi smiled with the sudden question before placing Yurina's hand on her chest. "There is no such a thing as a medicine for a broken heart, Yurina. You need someone who can build you up, someone who will take care of you. someone who is willing to stay by yourside. someone who is willing to love you for all she can." Memi stated with a small giggle.

"There's no such a thing as a medicine for a broken heart. But as long as I'm here with you, I will heal it."