Introduction

Hello. It's been a long time since I've shared a story on Wattpad but I've been incredibly busy these past couple of months with final exams, starting college and personal life stuff.

I was still writing because I love to do so but I didn't have the time or really the energy to plan out completely original concepts. However a piece of writing advice I read was that it's good practice to write out movie scenes in prose format so I gave it a try. Greatest Showman is one of my favourite films and I was watching it whilst I was in the middle of a re-watch of TTS and saw a number of similarities between certain characters so voila.

I started this late 2021 and there were a few times I hit a writer's block, lost motivation or fell out of love with this story but I'm learning to be less judgemental about my work and all practice is good practice.

Something I want to address I will be changing the storyline slightly and the Tangled characters will be keeping their original appearances. The main theme of this film is discrimination which is a very important topic to discuss and I strongly believe that it's important to illustrate important and sometimes difficult topics in stories then audiences can be educated. However because I'm substituting other characters into the story I don't want to indirectly insult anybody and I feel I would be able to tackle such a theme better if this were purely my own story and characters which I could shape.

Instead the main obstacles that the characters will face will arise from social class and a biased justice system - something that was hinted at however carefully for Tangled's young audience (I'm looking at you Fredrick).

I usually like to haven't stories finished and then upload them a chapter at a time. As of now I don't have this story finished but hopefully by uploading this introduction I will gain more momentum to get it finished. I'll probably edit the first couple of chapters first and get them up sometime soon - my scheduled upload day is Saturdays and I'll post an announcement when I do update.
Hope you enjoy!