Chapter 4 ~ The Kiss, Maybe...

"Um... Zack?" said Charlie uneasily. "What are you doing?"

"Dude, what does it look like I'm doing?" he replied.

"Well, I don't know... I mean..." she said nervously.

"I'm trying to kiss you! Gosh it's like you've never been kissed before."

"Why was Zack acting this way? Before he was all nice and sweet and how he's being all, adultish." thought Charlie.

"Well, I'm not really the kissing type..." she said trying to avoid this.

"I'll be the judge of that." he said with a smirk.

Charlie was nervous. She knew that kissing led to other things, and she wanted to save those things for marriage, but Charlie didn't want to dissapoint Zack.

"Um... why do you want to kiss me anyway?" she said trying to trick him into not wanting to do it anymore.

"Cause I like you Charlie..." he said running his hand up and down her arm.

"Zack... I-I want to save these things for my wedding day." she said stuttering. "And... you should too."

"I've already had my first kiss" he said, "but I didn't like her the way I like you."

Charlie's heart was pounding, he wanted to kiss her, and she kind of wanted to as well, but she knew she had to save these things for her wedding day, even if it wasn't with Zack.

"Zack, I can't kiss you. I mean, on the lips, but I guess I could kiss you on the cheek... because, well, the truth is, I like you back." Charlie said even more nervous than she was before.

Zack replied with a soft "I'll take it."

Charlie leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. It was quick and soft, but he seemed to appreciate it. They both looked at each other and then realized they were holding hands. Charlie allowed it because it's not like it ment anything serious, and she kissed people on the cheek all the time. I mean, sure, it was only her family members, but some of her cousins were boys.

Charlie looked over at the clock realizing that it was almost 4:00, and her parents would be home soon.

"Well, it was nice of you to come over, but my parents are going to be home soon, and they would get really mad if they found out I let someone in the house without permission." said Charlie.

"Yeah, I understand. See you in church on Sunday." he said with a smile.

Charlie and Zack walked over to the door, still holding hands, and stood there for a moment looking at each other. Suddenly Zack pulled her closer to him and dunked her, quickly kissing her and bringing her back up. They both stared at each other for the longest time, then Charlie let go of his hand.

"Well, you should probably leave... My parents will be home soon..." she said quietly.

"Yeah... well, bye then... love you." he said.

Those last two words seemed to fly out of his mouth and hit her in the face, but she said

"I love you too." and she ment every word.

After he had gone, Charlie sat down on the couch, and started smiling.

She had had, her first kiss.