"So... Did she like you? Or was it all fake?" Mr. Walker asked, probably confused as well.

"It wasn't all fake. Well, I don't think it was." Luke said slowly. He felt like crying, he loved Ashley so much and just wanted things to be normal again, but Luke didn't cry this time. "She said she loved me for real, but I just don't understand, because if she loved me then she wouldn't have gone through with this."

"Okay." Mr. Walker nodded, still trying to make sense of all of this.

"So then she broke up with me." Luke said, rubbing at his eyes that were already pretty red from him drinking and crying all weekend long. "She said that we just needed a break but I know that we're never really going to get back together, right? Breaks like that never work."

"I don't know, I've personally never 'gone on a break' with someone." Mr. Walker shrugged, using air quotes.

"Anyway, then I got really, really drunk. I stole a bottle of wine from my mom - which tasted really bad, by the way, alcohol is just gross - and I went over to my friend Ashton's house." Luke continued, not feeling very nervous at all about what he was about to tell Mr. Walker. Luke knew that he could trust him. "Ashton just recently broke up with his girlfriend as well, so I thought that maybe he could help me."

"Uh huh, go on." Mr. Walker nodded.

"Well, when I got there Ashton was asleep, but his girlfriend was - "

"The girlfriend that he just broke up with? Or a new one?" Mr. Walker interrupted for a moment, looking confused again.

Luke let out a big sigh. "His ex-girlfriend." He said, "She was there and Ashton was sleeping in the basement so I figured that I could just talk to her instead."

"Alright." Mr. Walker nodded again, urging Luke to continue.

"We talked a little and then she-she, uh, she took me upstairs to Ashton's room and - "

"Oh my God, Luke." Mr. Walker groaned and covered his face with his hands, probably already having an idea of what happened. "Tell me you didn't."

"I did." Luke said shyly, looking down at his lap again. "I had sex with her while my best friend was right downstairs and I feel so awful about it. But I left right away... Although, that doesn't really make things better..."

"Wow." Mr. Walker said, sighing. He sat back in his chair and stayed silent for a very long time.

"Are you-Are you mad?" Luke asked softly, noticing how Mr. Walker didn't have an answer straight away like he always did.

"I'm not mad, Luke, I'm just trying to think of a way that you could possibly get yourself out of this mess." Mr. Walker sighed again, and Luke felt even worse. He really valued Mr. Walker and his opinion and now Luke could tell that he was disappointed with him.

Luke shrugged. "I could just jump of a bridge."

"No, Luke, no." Mr. Walker said quickly, leaning forward in his seat again. "No, Luke."

"Okay." Luke nodded slowly, looking down again.

"You're going to be okay, Luke." Mr. Walker sighed. "You need to calm down, I think you're overreacting."

"I'm not overreacting! I fucked my best friend's ex-girlfriend in his own bed!" Luke said, then quickly covered his mouth with his hands as he realized what he'd said.

"Luke, really, I don't think this is as bad as you think it is." Mr. Walker said slowly, still seeming deep in thought. "I'm sure that if you just talk to your friends about this - "