1. The Agreement

In the dynasty era of Korea, there were two rival dynasties that would do anything to get rid of the other. There were no doubts that the two Kings hated each other to the bone, and the thought of one ruling over the other boiled their blood. Their minds were set that nothing could bring peace between the two dynasties. Absolutely nothing.

One dynasty that was well known and popular, the Joseon Dynasty, was everyone's dream to live there. The king has his charming and ever so talented sons. They were adored by everyone and not a single flaw was found in the... Well except one. One son was not allowed to leave the palace and was known as the "useless son". No one has seen him ever since he is always locked up in the palace. The only other thing that is known of the "useless son" was that his name was, Jung Hoseok...

Hoseok always seemed to be light of the palace and supports his siblings as much as he can even though he receives nothing in return... In the palace, the maids fond over him and often give him the love and attention he never receives. Hoseok does his best to help around the house and do well in his studies but, that never seems to go well.

One evening, a meeting was held by the King. There was the word that there might be a war waged between the two dynasties.

"What shall we do if a war is waged? We need to find a way to stop this rivalry!" One councilman shouted.

"if a war is waged I am sure we will win." The king calmly said as he huffed out a puff of smoke.

"There is no time to be cocky! The safety of the kingdom and people are at stake!" Another councilman shouted, slamming his hand on to the table.

The king glared at him and clenches his jaw before saying through his teeth, "Then find a way to set your mind at peace"

With that, the councilmen spoke among themselves, some panicking and some attempting to remain calm. Eventually, the room became dead silent as all that can be heard was the king taking a puff of his pipe.

"A peace offering..." One councilman muttered under his breath.

"A what you say?" The king asked.

"A peace offering, your majesty." The councilman repeated sternly.

"And what do you expect to offer that worthless dynasty?" The king snarled.

"A fake gold case will do, right..?" Another councilman mas said looking back and forth.

"And if they are to find out it is fake..? War will erupt overnight." The king sighed. "I've surrounded my useless stupid idiots...."

As the councilmen stayed quiet and the room fell silent the king suddenly stood up and laughed out, "I've got it! A worthless son for a worthless kingdom! That can be the peace offering!"

The councilmen looked at each other as sweat began to slip down their foreheads. They knew they had to figure out a way to end this rivalry but, to go to the lengths of sacrificing a son. They all have each other concerning stares and their throat became dry.

"Alright.." one councilman finally spoke. "This will grantee peace between us and that Dynasty." He continued as the rest of the councilmen nodded in agreement.

As that was inset the king requested Hoseok to join the meeting. When Hoseok arrived at the meeting his body was tense and stuff. It was almost as if he couldn't breathe and was going to die of anxiety. The king calmly explained their plan to Hoseok but not once did he bat an eye at him or glance at him but Hoseok was not hurt if anything Hoseok was beaming with confidence and happiness. He felt glee that he will finally bring honor to his name and do something important and meaningful to his kingdom.

The Peace OfferingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara