"Well..."

My silence probably took a while since the next thing I know, Chaeyoung sighs and speaks again.

"Actually, don't tell me. It's weird hearing the freaky shit my cousin gets up to."

"Anyways, I truly do hope Seonghwa used protection, I'm too young to be an aunt. I'm going to go on my run now, do you want to come along?"

"I― Chaeyoung."

"Yes, Hyeshin."

"Nothing, nevermind."

Chaeyoung laughs again. This is, like what, the hundredth time she does in the past five minutes alone, I bet. "Oh right, you can't run," I can hear the knowing grin behind her voice.

"What do you mea―" I screech in protest but Chaeyoung cuts me off, again.

"Oop, San's out the bathroom, gotta blast! Have a great day! Don't skip breakfast!" And with that, Chaeyoung cuts the phone.

Stupid Chaeyoung. What was she thinking, catching me off-guard so early in the morning? I mess up my hair in frustration.

Sighing, I turn my head to look at Seonghwa who's still sleeping peacefully (and funnily enough, still snoring into the pillow mushed into his face). A dopey smile makes its way on to my face. I turn to my side and take away the pillow from the top of his face, making sure he's not struggling to breathe.

"Seonghwa," I say quietly.

"Hmmwhat?" he responds almost inaudibly.

"It's morning, get up. We need to head back soon."

Seonghwa's brows furrow. "Huh?"

"We need to go soon."

He groans but doesn't say another word.

I sigh. "Nothing," I muse and brush away the fallen strands of hair that fall over his eyes.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I see the clock strike seven. We really should be getting ready for breakfast and prepare to leave soon. My mind reminds me that I have the painting studio booked later in the afternoon so the sooner we leave, the better, despite how much I actually wanted to stay.

"Let's head down to breakfast soon," I tell Seonghwa. "I'm showering first and by the time I'm back, I'm expecting you wide awake."

Seonghwa flails a lazy arm in the air.

When I sit up, I scan the room while rubbing my eyes. Seonghwa's shirt is strewn on the floor, so with nothing else closer for me to reach, I pull it over my head, suddenly drowning in his scent. I resist the urge to let out a content sigh and before I get too lost in my thoughts, I lift myself off the bed and head to the bathroom.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I cringe at my bed hair. Like I do every morning, I take a quick look at my mark. So I face away from the glass and pull the collar down, peering down at the stains of colour on the back of my shoulder. Nothing had changed, not that I wanted it to anyway but somehow I feel relieved. It's still the same pattern; the same mix of purple and turquoise, the same white star and the same word written in tiny letters underneath.

Pulling the collar back up before disposing the shirt altogether, I step into the shower and let the warm water wash over me.

Although, if I remember correctly, the turquoise looked a little more faded than it should be. But it's probably just a trick of the light.

Feeling fresh and clean after the shower, I head back to the room. I still see a mound underneath the covers on the bed meaning Seonghwa hadn't moved an inch and it's been well over twenty minutes since I got up.