The Nephilim Saga: New Beginnings

The day went as it usually did. I woke up, got dressed and went to school. The usual boring crap. I waited for what seemed like hours for my fifth period to end. It wasn’t that I didn’t like the class, it was just the fact that the teacher took so long to speak and got off topic so easily.

            After class, I walked out of the room when this kid ran up to me and shouted in my face “You need Jesus.” And tried to shove a bible in my hand.  This was a normal occurrence, but it was one that was rather annoying. No matter how many times I told him I was Wiccan, he would still say the same thing along with “It’s not too late to save your soul. He will forgive.”

           Each time I asked him nicely to leave me be, he persisted more and more. Luckily a girl with shoulder-length blonde hair with the most beautiful blue eyes I’ve seen with a T-shirt that reads “Rock N’ Roll saved my life” with two red roses on either side of the quote, signifying Guns & Roses. She also wore red and black pants, one side red and the other black along with black boots who spoke to the church kid “Can you not see you’re annoying him? He wants to be left alone so go back to church and leave him be.” She glared at the boy and he walked off.

             I looked at her “Thanks, this is an everyday thing with that kid. No matter what I say, he never shuts up. I swear, it’s so annoying. Even when I tell him I’m not Christian and say I’m… Never mind. Thanks again, who are you?” I held my hand out to her and she shook it with a smile and said her name “I’m Dessie and I know who you are.”

            I tilted my head to the right “Dessie? Yeah, I know you too. I think you’re in my seventh period and lunch I think. I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you.” I smiled awkwardly and scratched the back of my head, feeling guilty about not remembering her.

            “It’s okay, this is the only time we’ve spoken so it’s not the end of the world.” She smiled and started to head to the lunch room. I caught up to her and tapped her shoulder and asked “Do you want to, maybe, sit together at lunch? It’s fine if you-“

She smiled and said “Yes, I would love too.” She grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together, walking into the lunch room.

             We got our lunch and looked around at the tables that were filled up except for one small round table. I pointed over to the table and she nodded as we walked over to the table. We put our food down and I told her “I’ll be right back okay? I gotta go to the bathroom” She smiled and nodded and I walked to the bathroom.

            A few minutes later as I left the bathroom, I saw a bunch of girls surrounding Dessie, pulling at her hair, flicking her, pinching her. I walked over to them and stood across from them and asked “What do you think you’re doing?” One of the girls started to open her mouth and I interrupted “It doesn’t matter what you think! Leave now.”

           The tallest girl said “Oh lookie here, another boy toy to protect you. She may seem like she wants you, but she’s leading you on.” They all flipped their hair and walked off and as they did I muttered “Don’t ever come back.”

             I sat down and started to eat after asking Dessie “What was that all about?”

 She looked down at her tray and I shook my head, placing my hand over hers “You know what? Don’t worry about it. It doesn’t matter. They’re bullies and nothing more.” She shot her head up with a face of shock “Y-You mean it? You don’t care about what they were saying?” I nodded and smiled “I could tell they were bullies and are just jealous of how nice and beautiful you are.” Just as she blushed I did too not expecting that to slip out. She smiled down at her tray and started to eat her food.