Oh, how he had allowed himself to let in the serpent of his compassionless mind, the evil that slithers and struggles so desperately to be given free rein, but for now, he was the one in control.

He watches them from inside her studio, the way she brings him into her living-room, which sits right outside and conjoins to the kitchen and foyer. He saunters in the darkness of her own space, sniffing the paint of her passion only to absorb the way she hadn't second-guessed the fact that her apartment was left unlocked nor the way her blankets, which are always folded, had been thrown idly to the floor.

Matty Declan looks to be in one of his dazes, most likely high on whatever drug he had taken at his own birthday party, which he had ditched – but who wouldn't leave their own celebration just to be close to that angel?

Though he has been cursed off his course, he still has his wits in the middle of his battle and as he presses send on the message, he is delighted to hear a ding and a gasp from the other room.

Ah – the benefit of keeping Alaska Black's phone around. The cheat of a reply to a thousand of unanswered messages, begging for answers.

The illumination of the phone, cascades onto her face as she picks it up from the kitchen table, while Matty Declan sits in the corner of her couch.

"Oh." She chokes, her eyes immediately filling with water. Her heart beats incredibly loud in her own ears as she reads the message from her missing friend, completely forgetting about Matty and all the things she wanted to do to him.

She pants and holds a hand to her chest, to try and slow the beat as she calls to him, but she's already making her way to the door, on her way to the location which Kylo had sent her to go find Alaska, "I-I have to go, you can make yourself at home or whatever, I just have to go do something!"

"What?" Matty Declan swivels his body around, confusion evident on his dazed face as he watches her slam the door behind her, leaving him alone in the confining of her city apartment.

"Where are you going?" He practically slurs to only himself, before rolling his eyes and searching the cracks of her couch for the T.V remote.

Fires of fury and hatred were smouldering in the small narrowed eyes as Kylo Ren weighed the pros and cons of the various and creative means available to him for exacting revenge but the moment she fled the apartment, he smirked to the quiet as he sauntered up to his prey.

The first time he killed someone, the first time he'd felt the warm slickness of blood covering his hands, the first time he'd knelt over a dead body and grinned, he'd been filled with a sense of purpose. He'd made a real difference, but getting rid of Matty Declan and taking the leap for her, would cause the greatest shift in his world, for the better. She was his and he was her's.

Kylo Ren is the greatest serial killer of the city. He is the silent hunter looming in the night, ready to strike when his prey least expect it. His darkness hovers over him like morning fog, clouding his judgments in the most sinister but delicious ways. His soul deceives him whenever it wills. He sees a threat but his hunger sees game.

He slowly emerged out of the shadows of her studio, the anger brooding in his tense limbs as he reaches for the kitchen knife which is tucked into the back looping of his leather belt.

Matty Declan is unsuspecting of the tall and merciless man standing behind him, even when the silver of his weapon, shines and glimmers a reflection from the T.V screen, which he switches on with an exasperated sigh.

He could do it right now. Kylo Ren could just lean slightly over and slit Matty's throat, end the threat between him and his beloved, once and for all – but no, Kylo likes the thrill of the game.