You run into each other

Start from the beginning

"Definitely!" 

The rest of the ride was filled with comfortable conversation ranging from what each of you enjoyed doing in your free time to a friendly argument on whether ketchup should be allowed on eggs. Before you knew it, the bus stopped at your destination.

You sprang up and checked to see if you had everything. "This is where I get off." You gave your friend one last wave, gaining one in return. "See you tomorrow at seven Scott!"

Jeremy

Most friends usually go out to the mall to buy clothes, watch a movie and eat at the food court. That is precisely what you and (F/n) did. You just did it in an unconventional way.

Of course, you ate at the food court (who doesn't like food), and you definitely went to watch the midday showing of the new film you both were dying to see (much to your geeky delight). The clothes, however, were not your normal tank tops, socks and sneakers. That is unless your character wore any of those things...

A rush of laughter burst from (F/n)'s wide mouth as she watched you trying, and failing, to pull off a dwarf beard. "You look like Santa!"

"Hey! I thought I looked pretty good!" you objected, spitting some strands of fake beard from your mouth. "Why don't you put something on?"

(F/n)'s phone went off just as she was going to answer. She put her finger into the air in a give-me-a-second gesture as she pulled it out. "Hello?" Several lines of dialogue came from the other end, your friend only humming and giving short replies. "Okay... Okay, I'll be there in ten minutes. See you then." The call ended and (F/n) looked you in the eyes. "I'm sorry (Y/n), but the delivery truck just arrived at the shop. I need to get there immediately."

You hung the beard back onto the hanger. "I thought they weren't due until tomorrow?"

"They weren't, but apparently they sent my boxes with a different courier this time." She glances at her watch. "I can get there and back in twenty minutes. Stay here and... find another cosplay buddy!" She rushes to the store's door. "Best of luck to you, traveller!"

"Except you're the traveller and I'm–! Nevermind." Your dear friend was already out the door. With a shrug and fond smile, you head off on your new quest.

-------------------------

So far you were failing. Not a single person you asked seemed interested, or if they were, they could not stay.

So you threw in the towel and went to retrieve your Santa beard.

However, when you reached the isle, your fuzzy prop was not in its place. Looking around, you found it on someone else chin.

"(Y-Y/n)!" squeaked a voice from beneath the hairy depths.

"Jeremy? Hey!"

"H-Hello!" The shy young man slowly sunk his head deeper into the cloak hood he wore as if trying to conceal his face in its darkness. "W-What are you..." He takes a moment to recompose himself. "What are you d-doing here?"

"Cosplaying." You point to his face. "I was wearing that beard earlier."

"O-Oh!" Jeremy started to fiddle with his sleeves. "Do you w-want it back...?"

"Nah." You walked closer, grabbing some curly red facial hair off the rack. "It fits you way better."

The brunette smiled timidly. "What are you d-dressing up as?"

"Nothing specific. (F/n) and I was just goofing around. Y'know, trying to make up new characters." You choose a pair of funny green gloves and put them on. "How do I look?"