surreal art is really hard

one of the projects i have to do is surrealism. and here's the issue. i need a specific prompt to be creative at all. not great for an artist i know. so after an hour of trying things out, i figured it out. i wrote down a bunch of words in one column and ideas in another column and numbered them. two random number generator clicks later and i have a prompt! i thumb nailed a few prompt ideas but none of them really resonated with me until this one: "malfunctions" and "summer storms". how do they go together? very weirdly and i twisted and contorted the words to what i needed.

i decided the storm would be a tech cloud and it would be raining binary code. but what about the malfunctioning? at the bottom, some kind of subject made of all other numbers that aren't binary. hmmm... non binary code... what about humans? and my idea was born. it would be a piece about the struggles of being non-binary in a binary society, feeling like a malfunction. from there, everything else built.

every detail i think of only adds to the idea of gender and struggling against it

every detail i think of only adds to the idea of gender and struggling against it. pinks and blues and corporate cities etcetera. i have ten days to do this project before i want to be finished, so i need to flesh it out as quick as possible and PRAY it works.