❖CHAPTER SIX❖

Start from the beginning

"Kazama would've had to father her when he was around 16 or 15 years old and from what you guys told me a lot of the A-rank captains would have believed the same thing as me. With your Side Effect or not."

Kamiko froze a bit. Maybe she was too hasty in opening her mouth that night. They didn't seem upset or surprised. She quietly made it to the back of the couch. Kage's wild mess of hair looked pretty sturdy. She launched herself up and got a tight grip on his hair as he hissed. "The hell?! Couldn't you have just spoken up like a normal person?!"

"No." She said as Kage sat her down beside him. "Who are you?"

The tired man chuckled as the white haired boy stared back at her. "Wow. She really is tiny." The red-eyed boy said.

"Hey!" Kamiko hissed a bit. "I'm eight years old. I'm still growing." She mumbled as she fell back into the chair. Her head started to feel a bit dizzy. "Who are you guys? And what happened after I fainted?"

"Tired eyes over there is Ko Murakami and the white haired shortie is Yuma Kuga." Kage said as he leaned back into the couch. He pointed to her next. "This is Kazama's runt."

"I'm not a runt!"

Ko chuckled as he spoke, "I'm glad you're okay. It's nice to meet you."

"Yeah! A lot of people have been talking about you." Yuma said with a tilt of his head.

"They do?"

They nodded. "You're the topic of the hour. Like those damn C-ranks." Kage mumbled.

"C-ranks?"

"Those kids who made you have a panic attack. You started freaking out pretty badly." Ko said as he stood up. "You were screaming and crying so much. You started hyperventilating and passed out. We came over when people said you stopped breathing and started freaking out."

Kamiko nodded and remembered auntie Kako. "I heard auntie Kako. Is she okay?"

"She was scolding all of them for what they did." Yuma said.

"Oh." Kamiko said as she let out a large yawn.The room was silent for a bit before Hikari walked in with a woman she faintly remembered the voice and climbed back onto Kage's shoulder.

"Watch it shrimp!" The cat eyed man said as he looked over as well. She stared at the woman. Kamiko vaguely remembered her voice but wasn't sure why. She turned and waved before she continued talking with Hikari. She decided to ignore it for now and started messing with Kage's hair. It wasn't until the woman called her name and handed her a trigger, her trigger in fact, that she grew even more curious. She fell off the couch and scrambled over to her. "I'm not taking you to the infirmary again." Kage said as the woman with dark purple hair kneeled down to her.

"Kazama asked me to give this to you. He's going to pick you up after his meeting." She said.

Kamiko nodded and took her trigger back. "I can use it?" She nodded and Kamiko activated it. "You sound familiar but I can't remember it too well."

"Don't worry about it. You were pretty hurt back then. My name is Kaho Mikami. I'm the operator for Kazama's unit."

Kamiko wanted to ask her more but she said bye and left the room pretty quickly. "Hey Kamiko, wanna spar?!" Yuma asked.

"YEAH! YEAH! ARE WE GOING OUTSIDE TO PRACTICE?! OR ON THE ROOF?!" She asked, running toward the white haired boy. "COME ON! LET'S GO NOW!" Kamiko kinda forgot about her trion body and slammed into the white haired boy. Though he didn't really seem to mind being slammed into the ground, if anything he just chuckled and lifted her up as he stood back onto his feet.