"In that case... I guess I'll just have to get used to it, then."

"You're so annoying, it's actually giving me a headache," she complained while touching her forehead.

"Tell you what," James took a step closer to her. "Since we're going to have our first trip to Hogsmeade soon, how about the two of us go together?"

"I already have people to go with," Mia gave him a blank stare. "But even if I didn't, I would rather stay inside the castle than to go with you."

With that said, she stood up, pulling Daisy along with her and they started walking away from the Gryffindors.

"Are you just going to leave me here?! Really?!" James called after her.

"Stop stalking me!" She shouted back, then the two girls went inside.

Standing not too far away, but still out of sight were two Slytherin boys, who watched everything happen in silence.

"Are you seriously letting him get away with this?" Zane asked, looking over at the blonde boy.

"Why, am I supposed to do something?" Mason scoffed, his eyes still on the Gryffindor.

"You're her brother, for Merlin's sake! Shouldn't you try to do something to make James stop going after her?"

"Why should I care?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Interesting. That's not how you acted when I told you I had a crush on her," Zane raised an eyebrow at him.

Mason turned to him with narrowed eyes. "That's different, you're my best friend! I don't want you doing anything with my twin sister."

"But you're okay with him?"

The blonde ran his hands over his face frustratedly. "Fine," he groaned. "If it means that much to you, I'll do something."

"Good," Zane nodded.

"I'll be right back," Mason sighed.

To his luck, the three Gryffindor boys were still there, so he made his way towards them.

"Hey, Potter!"

James turned around at the sound of his name, raising his eyebrows at the boy walking up to him.

"If it isn't my least favourite Malfoy!" He greeted him. "What's up, Mason?"

"Your self-esteem, for one," he said, stopping in front of him. "But unfortunately for you, that doesn't seem to be enough to get my sister's attention."

"And why do you care?" He gave him an icy stare.

"She's my sister after all. I don't want her associating with people like you, so how about you stop bothering her while I'm asking nicely?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," James scoffed. "Is this you being nice?"

"Don't make me repeat myself," Mason narrowed his eyes at him. "Leave Mia alone, anyone can see that you have no chance with her. She hates Gryffindors anyway, so she would never go out with you."

"She hates Gryffindors?" Ha laughed. "Please, one of her best friends is literally a Gryffindor himself."

"Oh, you mean Bennett? That's different, they've known each other ever since they were born, basically. You, on the other hand, don't mean anything to her, so you should stop before you embarrass yourself even further."

"Thanks for the advice, Malfoy," James rolled his eyes with a bored expression on his face. "You can go away now, no one wants you here."

"Just like my sister doesn't want you in her life?"

The Gryffindor's jaw clenched as he furrowed his eyebrows at the Slytherin.

"Did I make you angry, Potter?" Mason smirked. "The truth hurts."

"Why don't you get lost?"

"Worry not, lion boy. I'll leave, I would rather not continue conversing with you anyway, if you can even call it that," he scoffed. "If you know what's good for you, you'll take what I said seriously."

After glaring daggers at him one last time, the blonde turned on his heels and walked back to his best friend.

"There. Happy?"

"I'm proud of you, Mason," Zane grinned, patting him on the shoulder. "Maybe next time you'll do it without me having to tell you."

"What do you mean next time?" He knitted his eyebrows. "I'm not doing that ever again."

The Slytherin just chuckled, taking a step away from him.

"Let's go back to the Common Room. We still have to study for Potions tomorrow."

"Don't even mention it," Mason ran a hand through his hair. "I can't wait for the weekend."

With a last sigh, the two of them started walking back towards the dungeons, regretting the fact that they procrastinated and wishing that they would be done with studying already.