5. My Poor Brave Baby

Start from the beginning

Girlfriend?

"Ray, where is the papers?" Kat walks closer to him.

"There, on the dining table, I hope you know what your signing, your getting nothing, and the sad part is you're not even going to try to fight for it, well I guess that's makes you kind of smart" he spits

I could not hold back, I knew Kat could defend herself but I couldn't let him talk to her like that.

"Hey! Don't talk about her like that! You're the one who is losing here, with her at your side you where the asshole who is married to Kat fucking Barrel, but now you're just a asshole. So, don't you dare come and turn it on her or even say one bad thing about here because we both know that she is the reason why anyone even knows your name" I Shout

"Whoa, whoa! Kat, you have yourself a cranky one here, hope she's this feisty in bed as she is out of it" he smirks

What....EVEN! I'm soo confused?!

"You know what Ray you're sick! Absolutely sick! Here is you fucking divorce papers, and if you ever talk to me or Dom, I'll put a restraining order on your ass!" Kat throws the papers at Ray and grabs my hand and leads me down the hall.

She grabs a suitcase from underneath the bed and starts throwing clothes into It.

"Do you just want to dump my whole nightstand into the bag?" she asks

"yeah, yip, sure" I do as asked.

She races into the bathroom and grabs the last couple of items, wit out talking I go to sit on the suite case to help her close it. We succeed. As soon as I hoped off, we headed for the door, and left.

That night all I can do is hold her and tell her it will be okay as she cries into my chest. My poor brave baby.

~~~~~

Juggling grocery bags in my arms as I struggle to get my keys to open my front door, luckily before I almost dropped them, Kat opens the door saving the bag from falling to the floor.

"Thank you"

"I started making dinner I hope you don't mind" Kat says as I watch her hips sway in her skinny jeans towards the counter top.

"No, not at all, what are we having?"

"Tacos"

"ooh delicious"

"Domi, come taste this quickly"

I walk to the stove, she turned and took a step closer, teasing me, our bodies only centimeters apart. She leans in closer holding the spoon for me, her eyes not moving away from mine. Licking the spoon clean, Kat uses her thumb to wipe off the corner of my lip.

I lose myself in her eyes, the only thing I had on mind was to grab her by the waist and kiss her like my life depended on it. But I keep my control, barely. I've been doing better than when we were on the panel that's for sure.

"How is it?"

"Amazing"

She smiles and turns back to the stove and continues stirring.

For the past 4 days it felt as if Kat has all ways been here with me. Seeing her beautifully sleepy face every morning warms my heart, and her little quirks, like how she softly sings while she showers, and how she always fiddles with her clothes when we are watching tv. Every singles thing she does makes me fall for her even more.
We fly to Calgary Sunday morning so I feel like I need to saviour the next 2 days as much as I possibly can. One thing that was really bothering me was about what Ray said when we were getting Kat's things, I'm too scared to ask Kat, but like he called me her girlfriend, and then feisty in bed, what was that all about? Maybe he was just talking about our characters. I don't know. But wanted to ask Kat but there's never a right time.

After dinner me and Kat got changed into our Pjs and decided to watch a movie together like every night before. Tonight, it was her choice.

"What about we watch season 1 of Wynonna, for a little walk down memory lane?" she goes to get the controller from the tv stand.

"ooh yes, its feels like it was years and years ago, do you want something to drink?" I say while she gets Netflix ready

"yeah it does, and hot Chocolate please! she shouts back as I make my way to the kitchen

I made our drinks and then got comfy on my small couch next the Kat. As the episodes roll by, we talk about all the memories we had on set and how we felt back then compared to now. Episode 9 rolls around, and of course i could feel my cheeks start to blush.

"I was soooooo incredibly nervous for that scene it wasn't even funny" I sigh.

Kat pauses the show and straightens her legs across the couch and motions to move closer, I rest my head on her upper chest.

"I was really nervous too" she says as she stokes my hair.

For some reason I thought that this was the time to bring up what Ray said.

"Kat, why did Ray so all those things about me and you?" I avoid looking into her eyes and remain comforted by her chest.

"Um, I don't know, maybe he was talking about Waverly and Nicole" I could feel her breathing intensify.

"Sorry I didn't mean to make you upset" I say feeling really bad for mentioning Ray and lifting my head.

"No, no its fine, its just yeah, Ray, I don't know" she stutters as if she flustered.

Pulling herself up from the couch she excuses herself to the bathroom. Shit, what did I do?

I sit and wait for her to come back, suddenly the bathroom door flings open and Kat starts to pace the living room floor.

"Fuck. Dom I can't lie to you! , ever since we had that scene" She points to the tv. "Ray thought that me and you were more than just friends and co-stars, and i kept telling him it's not true but he couldn't let It go"

I sat in shock, while she continues to pace up and down.

"and that is when he became so controlling over me even when he left for Work trips, he didn't trust me especially if me and you had panels or conventions. But the reason I didn't want to tell you is because I know that you will blame yourself for our marriage falling apart, because it's not. It was because like have told you before I never really loved him the way you should love someone you marry" She finishes and returns to her seat next to me.

I grabbed her hand and tried to internalise everything she just spilled out.

"I'm so sorry Kat"

"No, Dom don't say sorry you have nothing to say sorry for"

"No, I know, and thank you for that, but I'm sorry you had to go through that alone" I pull her closer resting our foreheads together.

"I have been wanting to tell you, but I wasn't sure how I supposed to bring it up" she sighs

"Thank you for telling me" I wrap her in a tight hug.

We both decided it was time to get some rest, so we hugged goodnight and headed off to our bedrooms.

I stayed up all night trying to figure out how her confession made me feel. I know for sure that I am wrongly happy that Kat and Ray aren't together anymore, I am happy that she can finally be herself, but what I am not happy about is how confused I still was about how I feel about her