CHAPTER 24 - A Rainy Day

Over a few weeks , the relic inside you was slowly becoming harder to handle . You were becoming clumsy and unreliable but you kept this to yourself . You didn't want to burden others anymore mostly , your captain .

"The mission went well , Captain" you informed and he sighed . He knew that your success rate had dropped .

"(Y/n) , I advise you to form a small mission squad . Your performance isn't as great as before and because of this , we have lost a star" He explained as you bit your lip .

"O-of course , I deeply apologize" You forced yourself to reply . You looked at your Captain and realized that he had looked worn out .

"Captain , you look ... tired?" You said and he looked at you with his usual smile but you can tell that it's forced .

"Captain's have tremendous duties . I'd appreciate if I could stay awake this day" he replied while you eyed him suspiciously .

"I'll ... get you some coffee then" you offered and he replied, "that would be greatly appreciated"

You walked out and went to Golden Dawn's banquet hall . You prepared the hot coffee alongside some other worked up members .

"Ah , maybe I need a saucer for the coffee" you said while going on a separate room , trying to look for it .

A member of Golden Dawn had been testing out her magic so she found a good opportunity to cast it on your coffee. She hoped that she could record the effects while you endure the spell .

You were always the member who trained with others so they thought it would be fine to test things up on you .

But the thing is , it wasn't your coffee .

•••

You were back at your Captain's office , giving him the drink . He said his thanks once more and you left . You didn't know what to do anymore but you noticed someone following you.

"Uh- may I help you?" You asked as she flinched . She revealed herself and looked at you with a bit of surprise .

"Did it not work?" She asked

"What did?" You tried to clarify .

"A spell I casted . It was supposed to turn someone in a dazed drunk way . I was practicing the time endurance and how fast it would affect the drinker" she explained .

"Did you just say 'drinker'?" You asked .

"Well yes , didn't you have your coffee? I'm sorry I didn't inform you! I really want to know the results!" She apologized as you felt you face go pale .

"Is something the matter , senpai?" She asked , clueless on what was happening .

"I- I gave the coffee to Captain Vangeance" the girl was both shocked and scared at the news .

"I'm so dead! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I really didn't mean to!" She panicked.

"Don't panic! Is there anyway to undo the spell?" You asked and she shook her head a "no" . Infront of you was a girl scared to death .

"I'll take the blame" you said and she looked at you with wide eyes . She furrowed her eyebrows in discontentment .

"But that would ruin your reputation!"she said .