"Everyone ready to get to work?"

You sit up straight as Penelope stands and uses the remote to bring images onto the screen. "We have a case in Las Vegas. Three women: all sexually assaulted, strangled, and then tossed into various dumpsters. There's a woman missing from the area as well."

"Were the other women reported missing?" Rossi asks.

She nods. "All but one and I know what your next question is. They're turning up dead about seventy-two hours after their abduction."

"Small time-frame." You observe. "How long has the newest girl been missing?"

"Her boyfriend reported that she didn't come home from work last night, around ten p.m."

"It's 5 am in Vegas now, so we're already at least seven hours in." Spencer observes.

Aaron nods. "We can finish debriefing on the plane. Wheels up in thirty."

You arrive at the Vegas PD a few hours later. After introductions and updates on the case, you settle into the office with Emily, assembling all the information on several whiteboards.

"You know, Officer Vargas seemed very flirty with you." She remarks as you pass her pictures of the victims. "He was pretty hot, don't you think?"

"He was flirting? I didn't even notice."

"Yeah, I noticed. I've been noticing."

You blink at her. "What are you talking about?"

"You don't flirt with the guys anymore, you don't notice hot cops trying to get your attention, and you haven't come to girls' night in a few weeks."

Fucking profilers. We're too good at our jobs.

"I've been busy with some personal stuff."

She studies your face, not convinced. "Em, quit profiling me. No using our skills on each other!"

"Okay, fine. You'll tell me what's up when you want to." She shrugs her shoulders and changes the subject, gesturing to the crime scene photos. "Throwing women in dumpsters. Classy."

"I think he's saying that he sees women as trash."

"A specific woman, maybe?"

"I don't think so. They're different races, different backgrounds, different statuses in the community. I think he perceives all women as being beneath him and easy to use and discard."

"But the fact that he uses strangulation would indicate a personal grievance. I mean, it's a pretty specific COD. He wants to physically feel them die." Emily counters.

"Are we all set up in here?" Hotch asks from the doorway.

"Almost. Has Garcia found anything linking the victims?" You ask.

"Not yet, but she's still digging."

"Excuse me, Agent Y/L/N?" Officer Vargas appears behind Aaron. "Do you have everything you need?"

Hotch frowns and answers before you can. "Yes. we're fine. Thank you, Vargas."

"Alejandro. Everyone calls me Alex." He seems to be only speaking to you, his eyes never leaving your face. "Please don't hesitate if you have any questions or need any help."

You smile gratefully. "And you can call me Y/N. Actually, could we get some coffee if it's not too much trouble?"

"Of course, of course. Anything you want." He responds eagerly before turning and practically sprinting to the breakroom. Emily gives you an I told you so look and you can't help but snicker.