"First of all, bakit ka kasi sumakay? Ayan tuloy akala niya girlfriend kita." He grimaced.

Etienne was joking around his Mom about the both of us, kesyo patay na patay siya saakin at mamamatay daw siya kung hindi ko siya papakasalan. Akala tuloy ng Mama niya ay merong namamagitan saaming dalawa. We just don't have the heart to tell her that everything was just because Etienne was bored and wanted to prank his Mom. It backfired at him pretty badly.

"Cute niyo." Paulene muttered. She was Etienne's dutiful secretary.

Nandidiring lumingon si Etienne sa kanya. " Isa pang sabi mo ng ganyan, babawasan kita ng sweldo."

Paulene arched an eyebrow. "Aba kung gano'n, maghanap ka na lang ng bago mong secretary."

I smirked at their banters, Paulene has always been too feisty.

Etienne rolled his eyes. "Hindi ka ba naturuan ng business ethics?"

She fired back. "Sir, if we're talking about business ethics — you might as well add that it is your duty to set an example for your subordinates when it comes to having an appropriate behavior."

Etienne grinned lazily. "Fair point."

Natawa na lang ako sa kanilang dalawa. Umupo ako sa lounge chair at kumuha ng isang magazine para magbasa-basa. I smiled when I saw the front page. Arya holding her new lipstick set, she ventured into producing cosmetics here in the Philippines. Kilala ang produkto niya dahil sa quality. She took ABM during senior highschool, probably the reason why she knows how to run a business.

I'm glad that I took TVL and followed what I really wanted. Dumaan man ako sa mga mapangmata na mga tao, I was able to prove to them that I can still succeed and I'm following my own trail. Hindi lang ako basta nagluluto lang, I'm now a celebrity chef that has a sister who's becoming successful in her own field. Napag-aral ko ang kapatid ko. And I'm so proud of her. I'm also proud of myself too.

"Birthday mo na pala bukas," Etienne turned his attention to me. "Anong plano mo? Party? Travel?"

"I wanna spend it with my family. A small dinner party would do." I answered, not removing my gaze at the pages of the magazine. I flipped a few pages until I saw a familiar person.

Natigilan ako sa paglilipat ng pahina dahil nakita ko ang isang page para kay Adren. It was a stolen photo from him and his achievements were all stated in the article. They addressed him as the youngest CEO of the Reverios Corp.

"Hn, don't tell me you haven't move on yet? It's been years." Etienne taunted.

Ngumiwi ako. "Please, wala ng ungkatan ng past dito."

"Do I have to beg—" Etienne stopped acting when I throw him the nearest throw pillow in my area. Napakaloko!

"I've moved on," seryosong saad ko. "Masaya na ako para sa kanya."

I guess whenever I go back and remember I had to begged for someone to be in my life again, I feel pathetic. Pero kapag naaalala ko na si Adren 'yon, medyo nababawasan ang inis ko sa sarili ko. I loved him and that's it.

When you're still in that stage of life, you think you already know everything. You think it's your last chance in life. Akala mo lahat ay permanente na. I thought Adren was the only love that I could ever have in this life but I was wrong. He was just part of my senior highschool memories.

He'll remain that way.

"Well, I'm feeling generous so..." Etienne looked at Paulene who immediately went towards me with a folder in her hand.

"What's this? Mukhang pangmalakasan ang bigayan natin ngayon, ah?" I teased him but my smile immediately drop upon opening it.

It was a stockholders' agreement.