A Question.

You jolted awake as your phone blared on your bedside table, reaching for it with barely an eye cracked. Checking the caller, you debated ignoring it for the sake of your sleep before giving in on the 4th ring. "Aaron? Its three in the morning…"

"I know. I'm sorry, I know how much you like your sleep. We have a case. The team is meeting us at the plane, and I just dropped off Jack at Jessica's. Can you let me in?" 

Your eyes snapped open at that, forgetting a moment that while you had given Hotch a key to your building, the building manager still had yet to give you a copy of your apartment key. "Just give me a second to make sure everything's awake." You could hear his smile through the phone as you sat up, your feet resting on the floor for a moment before standing and making your way to your front door. You hung up as you unlocked the door, resting your head against its frame as you pulled the door open, looking at Hotch for a moment.

"I haven't had time to repack my go bag since we came home a day ago. If you can pack me some clothes, I'll get myself ready." 

He chuckled at the confession, guiding you into the apartment and shutting the door behind the two of you. "Go brush your teeth and get dressed. I'll make a pot of coffee to take with us and pack your bag." 

As you made your way towards the bathroom, he disappeared into the kitchen, doing exactly that. When he came into your room, you were walking back out, and he finally got a glimpse if what you were wearing. The shirt he left here last week, his colleges logo spread across its front. It made him pause for a moment, to think about how domestic the two of you had become. There were times where he'd come home to already find you cooking dinner with Jack, or he'd come here on his rare days off to spend them with you, or the weekends where both Jack & himself would come spend time here. 

Shaking himself from his thoughts, he set on packing your go bag, grabbing the duffle from the top shelf of your closet & choosing 3 different outfits that could easily turn into more if needed. As he packed your bag and you got dressed, he couldn't help but think about a question he's been wanting to ask for a while.

"Will you move in with me?"

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize he'd actually spoken them, only noticing something was wrong when you stared at him. He was confused for a moment before realization hit, and he straightened. "I mean, with Jack and I. We already spend so much time at each others apartments, it would be nice to come home to you and not know you might not come back then next night, or to listen to you tell Jack stories in the voices you always do, or-"

"Aaron Hotchner, are you rambling?"

He watched you, worry etched clearly into his features as you moved closer to him, raising your hands to his cheeks. "Yes. We can talk about this more when we get back from this case, because right now, coffee and a plane full of people are waiting for us." You pressed a soft kiss to his lips, feeling his shock before you felt him smile into the kiss, pulling away with a smile of your own. 

"Wheels up in five, Hotchner."