"You weren't going to tell me when you got home!" Roger said, looking at her affectionately, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "You minx. Oh, this is the best news!" Then his smile faltered slightly. "Then why were you upset earlier? Do you now want to be?"

Alice sighed and leaned into Roger, breathing in his scent. "Don't be stupid. I was just so overwhelmed. It's.. it's a big thing, y'know. I was frightened."

"I hope you're not now!" Said Roger, cradling her face with his hand. "I love you so much, darling. You'll be the best mother!"

"I hope so," smiled Alice. "And you'll be the best father possible. We've got one very lucky boy or girl here!" Then she kissed him, the two of them lying back down on the bed, still wrapped in each other's arms. "I love you too."

~ Next Morning ~

"What's that smell?" Alice asked, scrunching her nose and holding a hand to her mouth.

"What smell?" Roger asked, not knowing what Alice was talking about.

"Have you sprayed some new cleaning bacterial stuff in here?.. there's a really strong smell.." She trailed off.

"Anyway wha-" she cut herself off, closing her eyes and holding her finger out as if to say 'hold on'

"Are you ok?" Roger asked concerned, walking over to her and placing a gentle hand on the top of her shoulder.

"I'm fine, so wha-" again, she cut herself off. "I think I'm gonna be sick," she said quickly, running to the sink. Roger followed behind and held her hair back while soothingly rubbing her back to try and help her feel better.

"Thanks Rog," Alice smiled, cleaning herself up.

"If I could take it for you I would," he smiled back. "What were you trying to ask?" He asked curiously, taking a sip of his tea.

"Oh," Alice said, taking a seat and pouring herself a cup of the freshly masted tea from the pot. "What are we doing today?" She finished, picking up her mug and looking at Roger.

"Well.." he started cautiously, "we could go and visit your parents, and tell them the good news.." he trailed off, afraid of what Alice would say.

"That sounds good to me," she smiled up at him.

"Do you need to phone them first? Make sure they're in?" He asked, again, taking another mouthful of tea.

"No, they'll be in, it's a weekend anyway so they won't be doing anything special," she smiled, finishing her tea.

"We can leave whenever you're ready," Roger announced, washing the breakfast dishes and putting them away.

"How about we go this afternoon?" Alice started, "if we go this morning and they notice me throwing up they'll know something is off, this afternoon would be better," she smiled as Roger nodded, "plus, this morning while we're here, we could go and check on the trout lakes and see if we need to re stock," she finished as Roger nodded again, "yeah let's do that, I'll go and get my jumper." He smiled.

***

"So.." Roger started as Alice looked up towards him, the pair of them holding hands as they walked around their lakes. "What do you want?" He asked, looking down towards her with nothing but love, she laughed "what do you mean?" She asked, confused at what he was asking.

"Boy or girl?" He smiled again, chuckling to himself, "sorry I didn't make that clear did I?"

She laughed again, her laugh was music to his ears, "don't worry Rog, you know what I'm like!" He laughed along with her and nodded.