Chapter 7: When I have nothing nice to say, I choose to be quiet

Start from the beginning

My outfit

My outfit.

Mom's outfit

Mom's outfit.

Kat's outfit

Kat's outfit.

Mom forced me to make an effort on my hair as she tried to straighten Kat's curly hair.
I tried some hairstyles before giving up and curling it.
When we reached the Green's residence, mom kept on cracking her hands, making Kat cringe at the noise.
We rang the doorbell and stood at the door.
The door was opened by a very elegant looking Callie.
"Oh my god, Meredith and James", she hugged my mom who looked like she was about to pass out and then my dad.
"And is this Katrina?" She questioned.
"It's Kat actually", Kat said.
"Yes I saw from that excellent prank you pulled yesterday", she winked as Kat grinned proudly.
"And Harper of course", she hugged name tight.
"Hey Callie", I said, returning her warm hug.

"Please come in", she said. We walked into the house and mom's eyes practically sparkled at the sight of beautiful interiors and the massive size of the house.

I noticed that there were more people than us and figured that this was a dinner party. Mom was swept away by Callie and my dad had started a conversation with Mr. Green, leaving me and Kat standing in the centre, alone and awkward.

"You couldn't find anyone else for a lifelong rivalry", I hissed.

"It's not my fault that he's annoying", she protested.