Chapter 7: When I have nothing nice to say, I choose to be quiet

Start from the beginning

"I didn't ask your entire history with the guy, I asked you what you did",

Kat fumbled in her seat," I might've snuck into his room",

"And?"

"Spray painted something on his wall",

"What was that something?"

She took her phone out of her pocket and gingerly handed it to me.

Kenzie and I let out a gasp at the sight. The room wall along with everything touching it was covered in red spray paint with the bed wrapped in plastic wrap with a huge K on it.

"Oh My God", Kenzie mumbled.

"Mom is going to murder you", I mumbled.

Kat sank lower in her seat," I knooooowww", she groaned.

"Who is this guy for whom you, snuck out at night, into his house and wasted 2 cans of spray paint for?",

"Levi",

"Levi who?"

"Levi Green",

*****

"Oh my God", my mom pressed her fingers to her forehead as she sat down, "This is a disaster", she mumbled.

Me and Kat watched mom as she had a mini panic attack and dad continued reading his paper, because he had seen this too many times.

"I have two daughters, and both of them are destroying my reputation in front of one of the most prestigious families of the town", she said, still massaging her temple.

"Mom, it's not any reason to freak out", Kat said.

Mom gave Kat a death glare which made her sink lower in her seat.

As we were suffering from this situation, my mom's phone rang.

She composed herself and picked up.

"Hello?" She spoke into the phone.

Her face paled and she looked like she was about to faint.

"Did they call the police on me? Is that the police? Am I going to go to jail?" Kat shook me violently.

"Stop it you monkey", I rid myself from her grip.

"Yes, I am doing quite well, How about you?" Mom smiled as she spoke, getting up from her chair, swaying.

"Ok mom's acting like she got a call from the Royal Palace", Kat looked at her with her nose scrunched up in confusion. Even dad was paying attention to her now.

"Maybe they want their long lost relative back", dad said, making me choke on my food and Kat spit out her juice. We both looked at dad, but he looked dead serious.

"Yes if course we're free, ok we'll see you there, Goodbye",

Mom cut the call and looked at us.

"We are going to the Green's house for dinner tonight", she mumbled excitedly. She was shaking violently, almost as if she was about to blow up.

"Mom you like a bottle of cola with Mentos in it", Kat stated.

Mom did not seem to care at all. She looked like she was over the moon as she skipped away to the kitchen. It scared me to see her act like this.

*****

When it was time to leave, mom had put together all our outfits with matching jewelry and everything. I have no idea how she got Kat to wear a dress. That girl used to burn the dresses mom used to get her.