CHAPTER 23 - A Picture

Start from the beginning

You shuffled on your sleep , your eyes were slowly opening ass you rubbed your eyes.  Vangeance found this very cute but tried to stop his thoughts .

"You're finally awake , (Y/n)" He said

"Huh? Oh... Captain! Goodmorning" you said , evidently still sleepy . The Captain lightly chuckled because of your words.

"The mission is done " He informed. You sprung out and was now fully alive , you've forgotten about the mission .

"Ehhh!? How? I don't recall meeting the spell caster—" you panicked .

"You were asleep and I took care of it myself" He said smiling  his usual smile. You pouted your lips and remembered what happened on the fairytale realm.

You remembered that you've confessed

You placed your hand on you mouth to hide your already red face . Vangeance took a notice of this and realized what you were thinking about .

"The woman who casted the spell said that we will forget the fairytale memories , if that's what you're worried about" He said , standing up .

You wanted to talk about it for the last time if it does disappear . You took the edge of your captain's cloak to prevent him from leaving .

"Captain ... Can we talk about that ..." You said while your captain looked at you while sitting down beside you .

"You know it's just a fairytale , it's scripted , right?" You asked and your captain hummed in response .

"It is" he shortly replied while you felt a pang in your heart .

"I just want to let you know that— I meant everything I said" you said , fidgeting . Captain snapped his head in shock to look at your timid figure .

"I feel the sam—" he stopped his sentence .

"What are we talking about , (Y/n)?" He asked , surely confused . You tilted your head and also forgot .

"It must not be important since we forgot about it...?" You said , unsure .

"Very well" he said , leaning into the tree bark while he was next to you .

"I feel like my mana is drained and when did we have wounds?" You checked yourself for injuries .

"It might have been from the fight with the woman" he concluded .

"I'm sleepy , captain..." You said while feeling your eyes droop . You suddenly felt weight on your and opened your eyes .

Captain Vangeance was peacefully sleeping . He was tired from all that has happened , he did more work than you .

You smiled and closed your eyes , letting yourself drift off to sleep .

•••

You heard a small squealing noise and baffled expressions . You woke up and saw three members of the Golden Dawn , namely , Klaud , Mimosa , and Yuno .

You tried to move but a weight on you prevented you to . You remembered the captain peacefully sleeping beside you. You woke him up which he refused to , this made you more embarrassed .

"Captain ... Wake up" you shook him and he woke up . He immediately took the scenario infront of him and felt heat on his cheeks .

"Ehem , we were requested as back up when the Wizard King found it odd that you both didn't return in a week" Klaus notified .