Chapter 2

~Draco~

"Malfoy look its all the first years" Crabb says to me as the tiny students walk through the large gap separating the lunch tables. All wide eyed and amazed at the architecture of the great hall. All of the sudden one girl, catches my eye. "Hey isn't that the girl from the train, uh whats her name?" Goyle says as he snaps his fingers trying to remember. "Luna" I say in as I follow her with my eyes. She struts right past me and all of the Slytherin's. "Malfoy do you... fancy her?" Blaise says as he nudges me, "uh what I- uh" I stutter as my friends snicker.

"Alright students we will be commencing our annual sorting hat ceremony!" Professor Mcgonagall shouts as she prepares the worn out brown hat. "First up, Luna Sogla!" she exclaims as Luna begins walking up towards the stage. She sits down onto the brown stool as everybody whispers and mumbles below their breath, "Who even is she?" a threatened Pansy mumbles to melificent.

"Hm, oh yes I think I know exactly where to put you dear Luna" the hat bickers loudly for everybody in the great hall to hear. "Gryffindor!" the voice shouts as cheers erupt from the Gryffindor table. She smiles gleefully and sits down next to Weasley, Potter and Granger. "What a bunch of Mud Bloods" I say, covering up my past slip.

The sound of silver wear clanging to plates fills the ears of everybody in the hall. Blaise turns his head towards me and begins talking with a full mouth of food. "I hear she's good at Quidditch" Blaise says, his mouth disgustingly filled with bread and sweets. "You think she'll be playing us this weekend?" I say as I fidget nervously with my fork. He nods confidently as he continues eating. "I hope not, she could get seriously injured by us if she does... uh- not that I care" I blurt out as pansy begins laughing. "Try not to make it anymore obvious that you like her Draco" pansy snarls. "Piss off she's a mud blood and a Gryffindor, what could be worse? plus she's not even hot" I lie.

Once the ceremony finishes we are sent to our dormatories to show around the new kids. I can't help but look over at Luna as she follows Percy eagerly to the Gryffindor common room. "Jesus, that girl won't take her off eyes Potter" Blaise says as he nudges my shoulder and chuckles. "Whatever, those two can have each other" I say rolling my eyes. I begin heading down to the dungeon when I turn the corner at a fast pace and slam into another student. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I scream as the student leans down to pick up the fallen books they were carrying. "Im sorry I didn't mean to-" the female voice stops as her eyes wander up to mine. "You" she says angrily as she slams the books back onto the ground, hitting my feet. "Shit!" I scream as the large textbooks land right on my toes. She looks directly at me with her piercing blue eyes, and unexpectedly, slaps me.

~Luna~

"God that malfoy guy is such an ASSHOLE" I say to Hermione as she finishes up reading her textbooks in the library. I take a bite of my apple as I continue relentlessly ranting. "Honestly, he's the one who started being rude first so why is he so shocked when I treated him the same way he treats everybody?" I say. "Are you even listening to me?" I demand, annoyed. "What- oh uh yeah yeah I'm listening" Hermione answers.

Just then out of the corner of my eye I notice Harry walking towards us. I quickly adjust my seating position and smile at him as he places his books down on the table we're at. "I need this Herbology book for my upcoming quiz and none of this stupid shit makes sense" he huffs as he plops down on the chair next to me. "Well uh I- I- can help you study if you want, I'm pretty good in Herbology" I say as I lie the best I can. "Really?" He exclaims excitedly, "O- Of course!" I stutter. He leans towards me and hugs me unexpectedly. I freeze in awe as Harry's comforting arms wrap around me. "See you in the common room at 8?" he shouts as he exits the library. I nod as I happily grin, but my smile soon fades as I notice Draco Malfoy inspecting me secretly from a few tables down. "Mione, hes doing it again" I uncomfortably whisper as she looks behind her to see him look away and whistle as if he hadn't been up to anything before. God, this boy is weird.

~Draco~

"Shit, I've really fucked up this time" I say while pacing my dorm. Blaise sits up from his bed and blankly stares at me. "This about that Luna girl?" he says smirking. "No Blaise its about Quidditch, of course its about Luna" I say as I place my hands over my eyes and rub them hard, as if an idea would come to me. "Why don't you stop being a complete dick to her and tell her how you feel?" Blaise says as he looks at me with a serious face. "I can't not be mean to her, sometimes she just has this face that makes me want to shout at her for hours" I say angrily as Blaise's eyes widen. "So you don't like her then" he says confused as he lays back down lazily. "God Dammit Blaise I don't know anymore ok?" I say as I stressfully run my fingers through my hair.

"How do I replace Potter's place as her date and get her to like me as if I was Potter, not as If I need to compete with that rubbish of a wizard I actually dont get it why does she even-" I begin scrambling as Blaise cuts me off. He rises from his bed with a huge grin on his face, "I've got it, I know how you can go on a date with Luna!".

~Luna~

"Lu don't be nervous, I'm sure you two will have an amazing time" Hermione says with a reassuring tone. "You look absolutely stunning, how could he not like you?" she continues. I slip on a small headband and fluff up my wavy curls as I turn towards the mirror. "Shit its 7:58" I shout as I look at my watch".

I begin making my way down the staircase to the dimly lit common room only illuminated by the piercing orange fire. On the couch I see Harry nervously fidgeting with his collar and tie before turning around and awkwardly smiling. "I- brought the H- Herbology book" he says as he trembles nervously. "Hey are you okay? Your sweating and you keep stuttering, if this makes you uncomfortable I can always call Hermione to help instead-" I begin saying before he cuts me off. "NO, I mean no no its all good just nervous about my quiz" he says as he open up the book.

"Alright so what are you struggling with most?" I ask him as he looks down at the book. I turn around to grab my quill and as I turn back to him he grabs my face with his two hands and kisses me. I kiss back as he grabs my waist and hoists me onto his lap. He begins to pull back and look nervously at his watch. "Shit, SHIT!" he says as he grabs his bag and slides his body underneath mine to escape. "Where are you going?" I shout as he runs out of the common room with his hair all messed up and his shoes in his hands. "I'll see you tomorrow!" he yells as the big door slams shut to the common room.

I grab my things and sprint up to the girls dorm where Hermione had been anxiously awaiting my arrival. "So... how did it go?" she says as I sit on my bed. "He kissed me" I say while smiling. "TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT LU" Hermione says as she runs over to my bed and listens to the entire story.

I never knew harry had a streak of blonde hair...

~authors note~

hey guys! chapter 2 is here!! is this long enough? its about 1,400 words!! anyways leave advice in the comments! update: i've been super busy so a new chapter will be in a little while i'm super sorry!

hey! so for some reason my third chapter won't upload? I have no idea why. maybe its going through some sort of like checking stage? idk just im trying to upload as best as I can!