Part 11

"You coming out tonight Y/N?" Katie asks

"You coming out tonight Y/N?" Katie asks. She's rifling through your wardrobe, pulling out dresses, holding them up against herself.

"I'm not sure, I don't think I'm really in the mood," you say distractedly.

Katie comes and sits down on the bed next to you. "What's up? You've been acting really weird recently... kinda distant. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just tired I guess. I've got lots of coursework deadlines, and I've not been sleeping too well."

Of course there's more to it than that. Since your last encounter with Van you've barely seen him and the meaningful looks you've exchanged fleetingly in the corridor just leave you yearning for him all the more.

His band are getting quite a following now, and they've managed to book some bigger venues in nearby cities which is the reason for his absence. You should be pleased for him really, the hard work he puts into the band is finally paying off, but you don't feel happy. The disappointment that you feel every time you turn up for work to find he's either not there or just heading off is growing steadily. You tell yourself you're just missing the thrill of it all, but with a sinking feeling you're beginning to realise that it's actually more than that. All that talk of making you his and now you've not seen him for days. The realisation that you're actually missing him as well as a sickly kind of jealous feeling whenever you imagine what he might be getting up to with any numbers of girls whist he's away is starting to eat away at you. You've had enough.

"Actually Katie, I will come out after all. I think I need a good night out!" You announce, springing up on to your feet to peruse your wardrobe.

 I think I need a good night out!" You announce, springing up on to your feet to peruse your wardrobe

Two hours later you're in the local pub with Katie and Kim. Rob's turned up with all his rugby mates too, they're drunk and rowdy after winning their match, and Rob hasn't been able to take his eyes off you since he staggered in.

You should be flattered but he still bores the socks off you. You imagine being his girlfriend. Afternoons standing around on a rugby pitch. Evenings sinking pints down the local pub. Nights flat on your back faking an orgasm because the sex is so dull. Boring. Vanilla. No thanks.