Chapter 29: Knight of Vermillion

Mulai dari awal

"Ara, you're late Erin-chan ~ "

" Erin!" Shouted Issei in happiness.

" Erin...." mumbled Rias who was close to tears by seeing her presence. " You came."

" Ah, I thought it was some sort of terrorist but nah." Riser stepped down from the stage and approached the Goddess. He stood a few distance away from her, being wary of the enormous wolves beside her.

" I apologize, my dear pretty. " Riser made a bow. " I must have forgotten about you but fear not, my offer still stands."

" Which is?"

" You can still be one of my concubines even if I am already engaged with Rias here." He finished with a grin.

" What is a human doing here?"
" Aren't they forbidden to attend parties like here?"
" How was she able to visit here?"

Erin heard the murmurs of the crowd but she just ignored it, knowing that they didn't have a single clue anyway.

"How sweet of you, Mr. Phenex." Replied Erin with a fake smile. Riser, being dumb, just grinned wider and puffed his chest.

" But nah. I'm actually here for a different reason. " She unsheathed a sword and pointed it towards him. "I'm here to challenge you towards a duel, Riser Phenex." Erin's eye held a serious look.

The crowd's murmur grew louder and Riser stared at her in surprise, as if he can't believe the words coming out of the Goddess' mouth.

"HAHAHA." His laughter echoed in the room. "You? A Mere human? Challenge a Pureblood Devil like me to a Duel?" He recovered from his laughter and continued. "I appreciate your joke but in all honesty, you will only get killed if ever that will happen."

" You seem to keep forgetting that I am not a mere human, Phenex." Erin replied. " I wasn't able to participate in the Rating Game so I thought that I'll give my shot to fight you right now."

She casually shrugged her shoulders.

" But if you're too scared to fight a human girl, as you say, then I can't really do anything about it."

Riser was angered by those words and he took a step forward only to receive a growl from the wolves.

" How dare you make fun of me you lowly human! You aren't even supposed to be here!

Sirzechs stood up from his seat causing the crowd to fall silent and focus on him.

" My, this is indeed a great opportunity for a battle."

Riser can't believe the Maou's words and refuted his decision.

" But that is where you are wrong, Riser. This girl." He pointed to Erin. "May emit a human aura. But she isn't just a normal human. She is a descendant to one of the strongest Knight lineage known throughout history. She is a descendant of the Vermillion blood line."

" V-Vermillion?" Riser utterred in disbelief. " The knights that are known to serve and act as the right hand of the Greek Gods?"
He looked at the Goddess and scoffed. "Impossible. That is just a myth and I'm certain they are non-existent by now."

"But isn't this also a great opportunity to showcase your talents and abilities?" Sirzechs mused. " Just think about it. A battle between the legendary phoenix and the mythical Knight mentioned in the books. This will be a spectacular show for the guests and will boost your reputation."

" Very well." Riser said and adjusted his suit. " If it is the Great Maou-sama who makes such request then who am I to decline?"

"Splendid." Replied Sirzechs in satisfaction and briefly shared a look with Erin. " I shall prepare the venue for the battle. It will commence in 5 minutes."