Chapter 28: Training

Start from the beginning

She looked at her up and down with a gaze Erin couldn't describe.

Then she gave a wink and said

" We don't want Rias to get jealous, do we? I'll leave you now so you can change."

Erin felt like her strength left her and she leaned towards the wall for support.

" What the fudge was that?!"

---- Time Skip -----

3 days have passed and the ORC was training non-stop. Issei complained about being the weakest out of them but with Erin's words of encouragement, he continued to persevere and upgrade his attacks to a certain degree.

" Everyone is really doing their best. I'm thankful to have a peerage who is hardworking and supportive as well." Rias commented as she sat down next to Erin.

They witnessed Issei blow away a portion of the mountain to which the boy danced happily in satisfaction.

" Erin?" asked Rias in worry when the Goddess didn't make any sort of remark.

" Rias.." Erin said in a worry. " I received a call from home. Apparently, I need to do an important mission 2 days from now."

She heaved a sigh and looked straight ahead.

"I tried reasoning out with Mom and Sebastian but they said that it can't be delayed any further. This means that I won't be able to participate in the Rating Game."

Rias' eyes widened at this. With Erin not able to participate, their chances of winning will be lessened. The red head is aware of Erin's great skills and her absence would create an impact on their match.

However, she also understood the circumstances of whatever mission Erin was being sent to. She knows that this is important and is one of Erin's responsibilities in her household.

" I understand." Replied Rias. " Though it would be a waste to not have you participate, you can't neglect your duties in your household too."

Erin wore a guilty look and gazed at the red head sadly. She badly wanted to help her and quite frankly, beat the crap out of that chicken Riser.

The twins informed her that they will be picking her up after 2 days and the Goddess also tried reasoning out with the two. She asked to reschedule their trip to the Underworld but the twins declined saying that the entrance to Hade's lair only opens at certain points in time. They could have easily entered at any time in the past but being separated from the place for too long regards them as strangers, as per the defense mechanism of the lair.

" When will you be leaving?" Rias asked after a period of silence.

" In 2 days time."

-- Night before the Rating Game ---

Erin approached the red head who was still awake and reading some sort of book.

" Aren't you sleepy? You still have to preserve your strength for tomorrow."

Rias heaved a sigh and placed her glasses on the table.

" I can't sleep." The red head admitted.  " And frankly, I still have doubts that we will win the match tomorrow. That's why, I am researching on alternatives on how we can beat Riser."

Erin regarded her words and took a seat next to the red head. The twins would arrive in a short while so she decided to spend the time with Rias.

" Hmm. And what have you found so far?"

" There are 2 ways. " Rias replied and pointed to a section in the book. " The Phenex clan is known for their rejuvenating energy and fast healing ability. So basically, that makes them kind of immortal."