Chapter 5

Naruto woke up in bed, his friends sitting by his side, Hinata's voice was coming from outside, she appeared to be talking to someone else.

Kiba dreaded what would have happened to him hadn't Naruto inexplicably rushed in when he had.
Although it was frightening seeing all color drain from the blond.

"Nehsan, he's awake," Hanabi informed before Kiba could.

The older Hyūga walked back inside, phone in hand. But it was the adult who followed her that made the blond grip Kiba like his life depended on it.

"I'll see myself out," Hidan excused himself, knowing the blond hasn't opened up to him at all, despite everything he had ever tried.

Only after Hidan exited the room had his grip loosened. Kiba looked at the red mark left on his forearm.

The only conclusion he could make was Hidan must have harrassed Naruto. And because his best friend wasn't the vocal kind, his evident discomfort made sense.

Which could only further explain why Naruto came after him so fast.

"kill Kill KIll KILl KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL!" The corrupted spirit demanded louder than before.

Kiba held his best friend as the blond covered his ears to drown the deep demonic voice.

"Hinata, ask the neighbor to leave and lock the door." The Inuzuka got his phone texting Iruka that one of them should urgently come home.

The blond hugged his legs closer to him after the presence had disappeared.

None of them were able to approach bim without the blond almost losing his mind.

The nurse knew it was a challenge raising Naruto. But, just like Itachi had told them, he wasn't much trouble. Except from time to time, he would get random fits. He wished there was a pattern to it, or that they knew exactly what set him off.

Iruka was about to walk in when Kiba asked to talk to him. The adult would have pushed it away, hadn't he noticed Kiba's shakiness, his eyes falling on the hand-mark on Kiba's forearm.
"Did he get violent with you?"

"N-no"

"Kiba-..."

"I swear he didn't." The sixteen-year-old bit his lip. "He was scared, I don't think he realized how tight he was holding on to me. Your neighbor was here, Naruto only sort of relaxed after we asked him to leave."

"Hidan-san?" Iruka was a bit confused about where this was going. He knew his son didn't like that man for whatever reason.

"Umino-san, I was on the rooftop and...he...he-..." Kiba curled his fists, he had to tell if not even for his sake but for that of his best friend. "He came onto me."

"What?" The brunet almost shouted from shock. "What do you mean came onto you?" He acted dumb not wanting to believe the words insinuated.

"Naruto is not one for words. I think he-..." Kiba was never able to finish his sentence as Iruka went to check on his son.

Just the possibility of something so horrible happening, under his nose to anyone —especially his precious sunshine— was unforgivable.

🍙🍜🍙🍜🍙

Under the shade of his favorite tree in the park, Naruto sat looking as his foster parents talked at a distance.
He could swear they would return him to the orphanage like damaged goods.

"Even if Naruto denies anything happening to him, there still is Kiba and we can't just let-..."

"It's circumstantial," Kakashi sighed, "he found Kiba smoking." The detective had talked with his neighbor about what happened.