Chapter 18- last chance

Rea's POV
My birthday is coming closer just 4 weeks is all I have with my boys. But they still don't seem to care. They don't look or talk to me. James is the only one who is nice enough to even spare me a glance. I've gotten worse I'm sickly pale and my bags are deeper and more noticeable.

I eat and all but it doesn't work. A mother love for her child is stringer then the need to live. The threats are coming faster and faster each day in now receive 5 a day, 30 in a week. The things the contain are awful and hurt things. Ever heard the saying 'sticks and stone can break my bones but words will never hurt me'?, that's a huge lie.

Some a picture of me around the house while the boys are at school. It's scare as me knowing they are watching and are that close to my home. But never the less I don't let it bother me. I stated taking pictures of the guys when the aren't looking, when they are actually happy.

Sometimes I think they are better off without me. I won't bring all the drama and they won't have a rock hanging over their heads 24/7. My forms try and cheer me up but they feel the sadness to, their own kin shunning them breaks a mothers heart. They guys are in the living by themselves when I get the courage to walk in there and talk to them.

"Look, I know your not talking to me and that breaks my heart. But could you please just say something, anything! This could be our last chance to see each other. Soon you'll be off to college and I won't see you as much! So please say something!" I pleaded them my voice cracking.

The didn't say anything. My heart is now announced broken. I turned my back and stared off to my room and began packing use my hands. No magic.

Reed's POV

"Look, I know your not talking to me and that breaks my heart. But could you please just say something, anything! This could be our last chance to see each other. Soon you'll be off to college and I won't see you as much! So please say something!" she pleaded to us her voice cracking.

We didn't say anything. I swear you could hear her heart break into a thousand pieces. She turned her back and walked into her room. Which is soundproof.

"Dude it's killing me looking at her" Blair whimpered imagining her face in his mind. And to be honest it is killing me to, but she is hiding something big. Anger flared through me as I thought of it. Storming from the house with Blair behind me I shifted into my vampire and he went hunting leaving me to think.

Mom thinks she can be forgiven easily. Hah! She thought wrong. But she seems to be on edge always looking over she shoulder, double checking things. It's weirding me out.

Last chance. Last chance? Last chance!

Those two words kept repeating in my mind. What did she mean last chance?

Something in my gut told me I wouldn't like it.

I didn't know I would know what those words meant so soon.

My last chance to make things right had just slipped through my fingers.