Finishing It

>>Third Person

The only Horcruxes left were Nagini and Harry himself. He pulled his head out of the Pensieve, he slowly left the headmaster's office that belonged to no one now.. he didn't understand what was happening to his heart currently. It was aching, but not like heartbreak but more like betrayal from the man who he looked up to.. who hid the fact he was a Horcrux all these years.

He sat down for a second to rethink what he was going to do now. Did he go to the forest and give himself up so the others can win? if he did that, the love of his life and best friends would lose him too, winning or losing this war wouldn't bring him back. He didn't know what to do.

He decided that, he has to go to the forest either way, but he hoped and prayed that Dumbledore had, had something up his sleeve last year and gave him something that would help him in this.

Harry brought himself to stand up and leave, walking through the horrible piles of rubble that he called his home. He stopped at the top of the grand staircase and saw Hermione, Ron and Draco. Hermione was leaning on Ron's shoulder and Draco was just sat with his head in his hands. Hermione turned when he moved down the stairs.

She stood up quickly and Draco looked up- also standing swiftly. "Where have you been?" Hermione asked, helping Ron to stand up and Harry looked away. "We thought you went to the forest." Ron said and Harry couldn't look at them, he kept walking down the stone stairs and Draco's heart dropped.

"I'm going there now" Harry said and Ron shook his head "Are you mad? No! you can't give yourself up to him" Ron said and Harry stopped, looking down. "What is it, Harry?" Draco said- knowing Harry was about to break into tears cause of his shaking shoulders and avoiding eye contact. 

"There's a reason.. I can here them.. The Horcruxes.. I think I've known for a while. I think you guys have, too." Harry said slowly and Hermione let out a quiet sob, Harry's heart hurt a lot- looking at his best friends hurting because of him.

"Kill the snake.. and then it's just him." Harry said and Draco shook his head- quickly going over to him and pulling him into a tight hug. "Harry no please" Draco's voice cracked a bit and he held his tears in as hard as he could. 

Hermione quickly hugged him too- putting her arms around the both of them. Harry looked up from pressing his head to Draco's shoulder and saw a small tear stream down Ron's cheek- this was the first time he's seen his best friend cry.

Ron slowly walked over to them and joined the hug. Soon they pulled away but Draco didn't. "Dragon" Harry said softly and Draco shook his head, slowly pulling back. "I want you to move on.. and be happy" Harry told him slowly and Draco couldn't hold the blurring tears that were in his eyes and a tear slowly rolled down his cheek.

"I can't-" "You can, I want you to. I'll love you... always and no matter what" Harry said gently brushing the tear from his dirt covered face and Draco blinked more tears away and shook his head. "i can't do that, Harry.. I don't want to let you go" Draco said, clearly hurting a lot and Harry shushed him. 

"I love you more than anything, you mean everything to me.. you really do. I'll always be here" Harry said, putting his hand on Draco's chest. "You're being cheesy" Draco mumbled, smiling a little bit- not being able to help it.

"I got you to smile though" "You always manage that" Draco said quietly. Harry took his hand into his, sliding something in his grip and then kissed his knuckles. "I'll miss you, sweetheart" Harry said and Draco bit his lip so he didn't cry. Harry gently kissed his lips slowly and then let go of his hand.. leaving.

"Dray" Hermione said, walking behind him and taking his hand slowly to turn him around. He was looking in his palm. "What is it?" she said softly. Inside his hand was the necklace Harry gave to him in 3rd year on Christmas, the chain was faded and the shiny silver locket wasn't as shiny.