Chapter 24: The Truth Somehow

Start from the beginning

Erin patted the blonde's head and said in a warm tone.

" I understand Asia-chan. Have you tried talking to Issei about this?"

The blonde casted her gaze on the ground

" E-eto.. I told Issei-san about it earlier.." Her blush intensified. "While we were in the bath and I-

Erin had her head low and Asia slightly panicked at the change of atmosphere.

"What about the bath, Asia-chan?" It was Azusa who asked.

" A-Ano.. We met each other on the way towards bath and I hugged Issei-san and told him how I-

*(Lightninng Cackle)*

" Master.. Is it okay if I act however I please for now?" Tsubaki said in a tone devoid of cheerfulness.

" Hmm. I suppose I will let it slide just this once." replied the Goddess in an equally scary tone.

Asia made an 'eep' sound and it was Azusa who diffused the situation. The trio then bid goodbye to the blonde who happily thanked them for listening to her.

"Dammit, that pervert." Tsubaki clenched his fists. " If he taints Asia-san any further with his pervertedness then I'll beat the sense out of him!"

" But still..." Azusa said in a trance-like tone. " I can't believe Asia-chan made a move like that.. Is this what they call, the power of love?"

" Let's just let them be for now." Erin said with a sigh. " But Tsubaki, if it goes overboard, then you get to make the call." She added with a glint in her eye.

" Roger, Master!" Tsubaki replied with a salute.

The skies made a low grumble and it was eventually covered by dark-colored clouds.

Erin looked up as she can smell an impending rain looming at a distance.

" Ara, Erin-chan. You're still here?" Akeno said and approached the group. The Goddess immediately faced the source of the voice.

" Ah, Akeno-san. Nice to see you" Erin greeted quickly as the girl's presence made her conscious.

" Ufufu. Hello there, Azusa and Tsubaki."

The twins merely glanced at her and didn't bother responding.

" A-Anyways.." Erin said as she cleared her throat. " What made you leave the school so late, Akeno-san? Didn't club hours ended earlier?"

"Rias had something to settle and she asked me for her help." Akeno replied. " What about you, Erin-chan? Are you perhaps waiting for someone? A date perhaps?" she finished in a teasing tone.

Erin waved her hands to dismiss the idea and Akeno chuckled at this.

" Ara, so that's a no then. Well, how about we go home together and share an umbrella along the way?" She added with a wink.

Erin was about to respond until Tsubaki placed an arm over her shoulder.

" I'm sorry, Himejima-san. But Master and us already made plans to go home together." He emphasized the last words.

" Hai. And we have our own umbrella too." Azusa added and showed the item.

" Hmm. That's too bad." Akeno said thoughtfully. "But okay. Bye Erin-chan~ "

Erin can only watch her retreating figure in disdain and she immediately faced the two wolves.

" What is up with that?"

The twins shrugged their shoulders and the Goddess glared at them. The rain started to fall and the 3 started walking towards their home.

"Don't think that I haven't noticed your cold attitude towards Akeno." The Goddess said. "You're making me think that you have some sort of hidden grudge towards her."

The twins remained silent and Erin grew suspicious on them.

"You're telling me what your behavior is all about when we arrive home. And I don't want any lies." Erin said seriously.

Azusa and Tsubaki shared a look of contemplation; worry spreading on their faces. With a sigh, they nodded in affirmation to the Goddess' words.

Upon arriving at the Vermillion household, Erin wasted no time on interrogating the twins.

" Now, Tsubaki and Azusa..." She sat down opposite the wolves. " Mind telling me why you seem to dislike Akeno?"

" Oh?" Sebastian glanced at them as he overheard the conversation. " That is indeed strange. Why do you dislike Erin's crush?"

" Hey!" Erin faced her brother with an Angry pout and the man only ignored her.

"Ano....." Azusa trailed off and the Goddess waited for him to continue. "Because we can sense that Himejima-san is a part Fallen Angel."

Erin raised a brow at this. She indeed knew about this beforehand because she can sense the girl's aura. She realized that Akeno is half Fallen-Angel even without Rias explaining the matter to her.

" And then?" Erin replied. "Is it because the Fallen Angels are also partly responsible for my death?" The twins tensed at this which only made the Goddess more confused. "I don't get it. You seem to get along fine with the other members and they are devils too."

" It is exactly that Akeno is a Fallen Angel that we dislike her, Master." Tsubaki replied.

And in a serious tone, the Fire wolf continued.

" Because you weren't killed by accident in the past.. But rather, you were killed intentionally."

All movements seem to be in a halt after that revelation and Erin can only widen her eyes in shock.

- End of Chapter -