CH6 - The First Case

Start from the beginning

"They act like I've been dead or something?" I grunted as I got myself back to my feet and brushed the dust off of my clothes.

"Hn." I heard my sister hum loudly who just walked forward, but not before scolding me through her eyes. Great, my antisocial robot is back once more.

"Let's be honest Yusuke, I don't think they felt much safer around you before." Someone said that behind me, with a voice that I would recognize within a heartbeat. I turned around and saw. . . .

"You just didn't care." She said with her usual serious expression I would receive almost every day of my life.

"Keiko." I said her name as memories from last week began to flash in front of my eyes. My body lying on the bed motionless and glowing while Keiko gave the life energy, I needed in order to return back to the living.

I might be lying if I say I didn't like our very first kiss. . .

"Why are you staring at me for?" Her question snapped me out of my daydream.

"Oh, no reason." I told her as I turned away, scratching my cheek as a small shy smile began to paint it's way up to my face.

"If it's about the skirt, I don't wanna hear it." Keiko glared at me before walking up ahead of me.

"Hey, but it wasn't." I try to reason as I get my bag off the ground and follow her and my sister.

_________________________________________________________

Right after we got into the building my brother dearest decided to skip again. We had gym class in the first period but I was in the school's nursing room instead to ask for some new bandages to cover my arm up. Even if it was all healed up my doctor said I still should take it easy, so for that, he wrote me a paper that said I was free from P.E. for a few days until they say it is safe enough to use that arm again.

Once the class almost reached the end, I went up to the roof to fetch my brother up and escort him into our next class.

"We're here." Yusuke said lazily as we both entered the room. His yawning and starching made my eyes twitch a little with irritation. Seriously, this brat is going to be the death of me. Before I can silently complain any further, I noticed how the class was staring at me and Yusuke with accusations and suspicion.

"Alright, what's with the stares?" Yusuke asked with annoyance dripping from his tone as he also noticed the odd looks of our classmates. Keiko suddenly gasped and run up beside us.

"You guys think Yusuke and Miyuki did it?" Keiko asked in disbelief, making me rose an eyebrow at this. What is she talking about? "They're no thieves." She defended us rising up even more questions.

"He is a thug Keiko." The boy with glasses said as he looked at my brother. " And I don't know that there's much of a difference. He did skip gym." Then his attention went to me. "So, did she." Then he pointed at my chains that were around my neck. "If she is not a thief than how come her cheap necklace has not been stolen?"

"Hn." I hummed bluntly at the stupid accusation and insult. "Last time I checked I was in the nurse's room changing the bandages on my arm." My hand then went up to rest on my hip. "If you want to blame someone then blame yourself for being foolish enough to bring that expensive pen of yours to just show off."
The boy with glasses expression twisted into a furious expression like I just insulted his mother or something.

"Why you little. . . " He began but Yusuke cut him off.

"Watch your mouth when you talk to my sibling!" Yusuke threatened as one fist is raised up in the air. The door slammed open and a teacher, to be more specific, Mr. Iwamoto came in.

"Hey, what's this racket about?" He asked. Well, that's convenient.

The next thing I know, my brother and I were dragged by Mr. Iwamoto and pushed us into his office.