Poison (2)

"He.." Eijirou tried to speak, but he couldn't find the right words. "I'm sorry." Mina whispered, walking him home, she was gripping her red backpack, trying to look Eijirou in the eye. He was staring forwards, but his vision felt blurry. The streets were foggy and it was cold outside, the weather seemed to match his emotions.

"I didn't know he was going to that class." She put her hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him. 

"It's okay. How could you?" He bit his lip. "It's not like he's going to make a big difference. I was just surprised, I didn't think I'd have to see him." "Small world." She smiled. 

"It's alright though!" She slapped his back, "He's over it too, isn't he?" "Y-Yes. Can we stop talking about this?" He frowned. She nodded, Eijirou tilting his head as eyes drifted to the street, to other students walking near them. 

He held a few regrets, though he liked to hide them. He was sure Izuku did too. "But you get over them." He told himself. 

Izuku held more, more than he'd know. 
He tried to work them out, with new people, new friends, and new fixations. 

He never told his friends, or anybody besides Bakugou. Eijirou was his secret, and he'd keep himself from telling anybody else. 

He had other things to think about, he nearly forgot that Eijirou existed. It was just the surprise, it was the only reason he thought of him. 

Izuku packed up his things, into a small book bag. His friends already left, and the classroom was pretty quiet. He looked up, yellow light shining onto the window, he saw his reflection, and how tired he looked. He just smiled, taking his bag and leaving. 

With only the noise of kids whispering, the wind slipping through the windows and his shoes tapping on the ground, he started to think. About who he saw that day, he wasn't hurt this time. The pink and black haired boy he adored was okay, he had to be. 
So was he. 

The lights were burned out in that hallway, he stood for a second after leaving his classroom. He stared at the ground outside of the window, and the top of giant trees. He decided that he'd think about him, one last time, before all the leaves fell, before the anniversary. 

He walked home silently, going over every small thing in his head, about their relationship. 

They were sweet to each other, especially as friends. Eijirou would've done anything, he hardly saw it. 
Izuku didn't have much other things to think about, other than his next test, and what he was going to do that weekend. It wasn't as if he wasn't a big part of his life, he was his best friend; so why couldn't he see him, how he felt? He spent a few weeks wondering. 

Eijirou was a part of his routine, Izuku was always disappointed when he wasn't at school one day. But he still talked to him, every single day, at least. He'd wake up and get excited to talk to him. The sun was brighter, it was warmer during the winter, all the music sounded better. He was happy. 

But still, to Izuku, he knew that he was the only happy person. Eijirou loved him, he'd be happy just seeing Izuku smile. Until it came to be.. not enough. 
They stayed the same, but his feelings didn't. Izuku didn't want to see it, but he felt it. 

How sad his eyes looked after he smiled at him, or how his music taste started to change. He wished that he had to wonder why, but he knew. 

He knew from their first kiss, or maybe a hug that felt different. Maybe just the way he said his name, but Izuku, he knew how love worked. 
If he fell in love again, it'd have to end at one point. 

♡♡♡

"At least it was never as painful as the first time." Izuku told himself. 

Love felt like poison, and maybe he should've told him. 

He was such a good friend.