one

❝ why do you like me so much? ❞

the teenage boy looked at his friend who followed him everywhere, she was like a cat following it's beloved owner.

you're different.

she smiled heavenly, she held on to the straps of her red bag and didn't listen to what ever bad things the boy is muttering between his breath.

jaemin was the one that stood out of mei's eyes the most not only because of his features but his personality can easily be identified by mei only.

no one approached to her anyways, she was new.
reason of  transferring was unknown,
yet jaemin was the only one who didn't ignore her when she was trying to make a friend.

mei was a normal girl but she was an outsider when it comes to her new school.
a new girl is always weird at first glance right?

•••
beginning

it was lunch and mei was following jaemin again, observing every inch of him.
he walks quietly and was texting someone on his iphone.
"you're really busy on that phone, who are you talking to?"
she asked, knowing that jaemin rolled his eyes when she began talking.

she smiled at the bland boy, she knew that he isn't bland and he's just trying to stay cool as someone who's staying in this school since before.

just in time, a boy their age came to them.
he was tall and he smiles with his eyes, mei could hear every girl falling in love with him around the campus.
the only thing that the squealing girls let out was his name.
lee jeno.

jaemin, what's up?
he gave him a high five but jaemin just straight up ignored him.
jeno let out a "mhm?" sound out of his mouth and gave his friend a confusing look.
jeno eyed mei for a second and mouthed "what's wrong?" to her.
she shrugged.

"who's this girl jaemin?" he asked again.
"someone." jaemin blurted and made mei sigh.
"li mei, im from hong kong."
mei held out her hand and introduced herself to jeno with a cheerful big smile.