Chapter 10

I felt my eyes close. When I opened them, I was still in the arena. I stood up and looked around. The arena was slightly smaller and around was decorated with stone statues of the past Hunters. The room was tinted a mix of silver and purple.

"Hello? Anybody here?", I asked.

I walked around the arena. It was silent but somehow held a small breeze.

I noticed the statues on the wall of past dragons give off a slight glow. On the ground was fog and it made it look like I was walking on a cloud.

I walked around the room for a little longer until I heard a voice. I froze in my tracks and turned to see a Dragon behind me. Except it was more of a spirit. It glowed a slight red as it spoke.

"Mistress (Y/N), you have finally arrived. I've been waiting patiently for your arrival", the dragon said. I could tell the dragon was also a female.

"Do I know you?", I asked confusingly. I turned my head slightly at her while looking more at her appearance as she spoke.

She was a dragon definitely but more like a spirit. She was see through.

"I am Hydra, I was once the hunter like you", she said. She had a British accent which I've never heard a dragon have so it was quite interesting to hear.

"You were?"

She scoffed. "How dare they not tell my story"

I shrugged. "Well what was your story?", I asked.

"I was the Hunter who charged into battle every possible moment, I slayed Fiddles and other dragons. I always won! Until one night when I decided to patrol the sky, Raven ambushed me. She cornered me and slayed me that night. It stings knowing I will never be able to finish what I was there for", she said placing her claw on her chest.

"I haven't heard of your name but you definitely look familiar", I said as I look around the room. I stopped when I noticed one of the statues on the wall.

"Found you", I said while pointing to the statue.

Hydra turned her head and nodded. "Yeah, that's me."

"Hydra! How dare you speak with this-this thing!", someone yelled.

"Dalinda, don't get so rude. She's the hunter", Hydra said.

A dark blue mist circles around Hydra before appearing as another dragon spirit.

Dalinda look much more serious than Hydra. I looked around for her statue but couldn't find it.

Dalinda noticed me looking around. "Your look for my statue? You won't find it. It was destroyed", she said coldly as she circled around me.

"Was it destroyed by Raven?"

"That is none of your business", She snapped.

My eyes widen as I took as step away from her."Okay, touchy subject I guess"

I crossed my arms and looked at them. "Look, I came here for guidance. Not sass"

Dalinda huffed and faded away. "Well then you came to the wrong place. I refuse to help some petty human", Dalindas voice echoed.