The Academy's Exception

For all the effort it was worth, Mr. Hargreeves was only able to aquire 7 of the magnificent and almost magical children into his postition. He took on the role of father, but acted more as a warden if anything.

He trained the kids to use their powers to fight crime, and dispensed no love besides an A+ on a homework assignment.

One day, on assignment, the kids were required to travel downtown . Hargreeves didn't travel with them. "This is a solo mission. You children can't always be waiting for a get away car." The old man said before dropping them off at their destination and driving off.

The six children watched the car get smaller in their view before vanishing from sight. They directed their attention back to the entrance to the warehouse.

"This is stupid." Klaus finally spoke up his shoulders slumping.

"Quiet." Luther said to him.

"How the hell are we gonna get home." Diego said asking the obvious question. "We're at least halfway out of town."

"Quiet down! They'll hear you!" Luther shushed him and anyone else before they could chime into the objections.

The objective was to sneak into the warehouse, stop the drug dealers, weapons smugglers, and destroy the merchandise. All of it. And all before the assailants could tell what was happening. Luther signalled for Five to go and check the number of people in the wearhouse.

Five nodded and walked into the blue vortex he made appear. It disappeared just as quickly. It was only a few seconds after that he reappeared and reported, "Two guys guarding the front, five guys on the stash, and two in the rafters."

Luther nodded before glancing at Allison. She smiled knowingly before she went up to the door. She knocked; and stepped back a little. She heard no reply. Allison then called, "Please let me in! I'm lost, and I can't find my mommy!" she whined childishly.

She heard the wearhouse doors unlatch and the doors then open. She saw two big ugly men with assault guns in their grasp. They looked down at the little girl confused and the other kids, "Excuse me sir, we're lost, and we were wondering if you had a phone on you." she said politely.

"Beat it kid." one of them scowled. She only smiled wider, "I heard a rumor..."

"What?" the other said confused.

"I heard a rumor." she said clearer, "That you two shot each other." The two burly men then turned to look at each other in shock. "N-no!" they both yelled, trying to resist the power of the little girl's request. Their arms shakily raised and then they pulled the trigger simultaneously.

They both fell to the ground dead.

This drew the attention of the other guys in the middle. Five teleported to the rafters where the other two guards were watching.

Diego and Luther took the opportunity to dodge incoming bullets; Diego changing their trajectory around them. He tossed a knife at one of the five perps and tucked and rolled out of the way. Luther then took the opportunity to pick up one of the guys and throw him at the other.

Five more to go.

Ben let loose his tentacles on one of the men in the rafter; chucking them upwards towards the roof. Followed by Five tossing another unconscious one along with him. He teleported to the ground level where everyone else was.

Klaus helped Diego get two more of them before heading over to the table of evidence. He pocketed a couple zannys here and there before he tossed some gasoline he found nearby on the science expirement.