Chapter 681 - 700

Start from the beginning

"What did he do?" Tian Ji tutted. He shot daggers at Zuo Shuming with his eyes and spoke slowly, emphasising on each word, "I want to ask him too. What exactly did you do to Little Yi on the day of the competition? Why has she become like this?"

"Shu Yi!" The crowd gasped. On further thought, they realised that none of them had seen her for a long time.

"Senior Sister Shu?" Zuo Shuming paused. Full of concern, he asked, "What has happened to her?"

"You dare to ask me this question?!" Tian Ji's killing intent grew more intense. "From the day of the competition, her situation has been deteriorating. Now, her meridians are all broken. Even her golden core has fallen apart."

"What! Little Yi is injured?!" Shu Yuan exclaimed. This was his own daughter after all. It was natural that he would get anxious. "No, I have to go and see her!" Immediately, he abandoned the group and turned to fly in the direction of Shu Yi's peak.

"Uncle-Master Tian Ji, has there been some kind of misunderstanding?" Yu Luan asked. The competition had passed a long time ago. There was no problem with her before this?

"There's no misunderstanding!" Tian Ji pointed his sword at Zuo Shuming and sai, "Little Yi was fine before. But after she went on stage, she came back and fell into a coma. If he hadn't done anything, who did?"

Everybody stared on, their expressions changing. Everybody had seen what happened on the day of the competition. Zuo Shuming did not even do anything before the lightning tribulation occurred and he formed his core. What's more, Zuo Shuming was a whole cultivation level lower than Shu Yi at that time. Even if he really wanted to cause any harm to her, he would not have been able to.

"Uncle-Master Tian Ji, we all saw what happened that day. He really didn't do anything," Yu Luan explained. "Maybe Uncle-Master is overwhelmed with concern.'

"Hmph, he hasn't gotten along with my disciple ever since he entered this sect. What's more, Little Yi has been calling out his name ever since she fell into a coma. Apart from him, I can't think of anyone who could have done this to her." Tian Ji was obviously not willing to let it rest. He continued glaring at Zuo Shuming, as if determined to kill him. "I have to kill him today no matter what!"

As he spoke, he activated his spirit Qi and conjured a hundred thousand ice shards which shot straight toward Zuo Shuming. He did not care anymore who was standing around Zuo Shuming.

"Uncle-Master!" Yu Luan exclaimed. He wanted to do something, but was rendered motionless by Tian Ji's suppressive energy.

Yi Qing frowned. He turned around and activated his sword Qi. There was the sound of bells ringing. The ice shards were crushed and an overwhelming amount of sword Qi, which covered the sky, shot toward Tian Ji.

With a flick of a wrist, a spirit sword appeared in Yi Qing's hand. He sounded impatient when he said, "If you want to fight, come at me!" Hurry up if you want to fight – I still have to cook! I was only halfway done earlier!

"You..." Tian Ji's expression twisted. He was still overcome with anger. He gripped his sword tighter and shouted, "I'm not afraid of you!"

The two of them were about to engage in battle. Yu Luan's heart jumped. He rushed forward and said, "Uncle-Masters, please calm down!" They would be in deep trouble if the two of them fought. He quickly tried to persuade them, "This is not the time to fight. Uncle-Master Tian Ji, Shu Yi's situation is more urgent. Why not we go and figure out what exactly is wrong with her first? We can figure out who's to blame after she regains consciousness."

Tian Ji lowered his gaze. He pondered over this suggestion. After all, he had tried various different methods to wake her up, but to no avail. He did not think that anyone else would be able to do better.