armin just kindly nodded his head, "stop worrying too much, y/n. it's a lot nicer if we could just be casual around each other since we've been together," he paused, "u-uh, i mean, you've been working under trelra for 5 years, so it must quite be a routine by now," he said, blushing slightly at his choice of words seconds ago.

you acted as if you hadn't noticed at all to lessen the possibility of the heavy tension to intensify between you two. "hey, uhm, armin?" you called out to him.

"hm?"

"say, we catch up? like you know, lunch together today?" you suggested, completely forgetting about the deal you had made with eren last night.

he smiled at you before replying, "sure. why not?"

-

"yay! daddy, i'm so excited," kiana exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air as she kept smiling, sitting comfortably in the passenger's seat with the seat belt attached to her.

eren turned to look at his daughter for a moment, smiling as his eyes softened at the sight of the little girl filled with so much excitement just at the mention of the h/c-haired woman they'd be eating lunch with today. when kiana learned about it this morning before she was sent to school, she was all giddy and even suggested to just skip school just today since she really, really wanted to see you already. of course, eren had to disagree. school was important plus, what would his daughter do if she didn't attend to her classes? she'd be, maybe, disturbing her father if he went to work with her, waiting for time to pass and the clock to strike 12 noon.

the rain was still currently ongoing, but it wasn't as heavy as it was. the streets were filled with people under their respective umbrellas, walking under the rain as they walked to wherever they had to go to. kiana and eren were now headed to the building where trelra insurance can be found, deciding to just pick you up since you haven't replied to eren's messages since last night.

"kiana," eren called out to his daughter who immediately looked his way with a wide grin still plastered on her features, "could you check my phone if y/n has replied?"

for a second, kiana's eyes beamed with happiness as she nodded profusely, "oki! oki!" she happily exclaimed, her hands fishing for her father's phone from inside his bag situated in the small slot in between the driver's and passenger's seats.

her small hands had gripped the device and pulled it out, turning it on in the process. seeing as there were no notifications, she informed eren, "daddy?"

"hm?"

"no messages from mommy," she sadly replied, pouting, as she allowed the phone to drop to her lap.

eren sighed, "kiana, y/n is not your mommy," he reminded the child for the nth time now, but it seemed like she's already convinced herself that you were really her mother, disregarding the fact that you weren't blood-related in any means. she, somehow, was just drawn to you yesterday as you still smiled at her despite getting a stain on your skirt like it wasn't a big deal. you were lovely and kind, and she felt really comfortable under your care, even if you only were with her for nearly an hour.

eren, soon, pulled up on an empty parking lot in the basement of the tall building, turning off the engine as he and kiana hopped out of the car before he locked it. the little girl then held her father's hand as they walked side by side towards the entrance of the building.

i wonder what has happened to her, eren thought to himself, worrying as to why you hadn't replied to any of his messages.

-

you were both now back at the office as you patiently waited for armin. he went to excuse himself a few minutes ago, saying that he needed to get something from the company's accountant. a few minutes later, he was now in line of sight, walking back to his office where you were.