Chapter Twelve: The First What If

[In the face of Hansol's situation with Dahyun, Tzuyu wonders what could happen if Sana never got pregnant with Riley in the past.]

=====

It was Monday morning and for a long while, Tzuyu didn't have a morning just to herself. After sleeping past 10, what could be considered super early in her days as a single person, she was enjoying a long and hot bath, with bath salts, and some occasional rubber toy that lately was everywhere in the house.

"Can't imagine how this house will be when he starts to walk" she said under her breath, tossing out of the bathtub another wanderer duck.

She took a deep breath and opened her eyes, taking a better look at the place. "Yep, I just complained about a messy house... I'm turning into Sana". She chuckled lightly. "The Cupcake is rubbing off on me, Nayeon was right..." She tossed a giraffe on the floor from under her butt. "Of course I'll deny it forever."

A buzz from her phone broke the calm noise of the water around her. She reached for her phone, seeing Hansol's name on the screen with some text. She dropped it right back, not even making an effort to read anything else. "Not today, Groot."

Tzuyu stretched her legs, submerging the rest of her body deeper in the water. A simple act that felt just amazing. And another buzz came from her phone. She imagined it was Hansol again, and she would happily ignore him, if the possibility of text from Sana, not from him, could be the reason of that buzz.

She snorted just after a peek on the screen, dropping the phone again. She took another deep breath and started to think about her latest book. Things were not working as she wanted. Writing after marriage and parenthood, didn't feel the same anymore. She was not interested in writing about a woman who would jump in adventure after adventure, from one bed to another, like before. All of that didn't look exciting or appealing. Every time she thought about a new woman in the bed of her character, it started like 2 fictional characters and ended up like a night she had spent with her wife.

Even Sana noticed that, the last time Tzuyu showed her a draft from her last session of writing.

"Tzu, isn't this kind of what happened with you and me on Jeong's cabin?" Sana asked bent over her laptop on the bed.

"Of course not" Tzuyu said, keeping her eyes on her own laptop, beside Sana.

"They have an argument about Claire's lack of communication, then Sophia drags them to a pier where they basically do what we did that day."

Tzuyu raised one eyebrow and looked indignant to Sana"It's not..." receiving a stern drop-the-act-I-catch-you look from Sana. She cleaned her throat, changing the course of her speech "How can you remember what happened that night?"

"Me? Well, you're the one who described every detail of what we did to the whole world read about it."

Tzuyu let out a load laugh.

"What?" Sana asked.

After making more dramatic laughs sounds, Tzuyu closed her laptop and put it to aside. "First of all, the whole world won't read my book." She got an eye rolled for that. "Maybe a thousand lesbians and a couple of straight bored women."

"You know what I mean-" tried to argue Sana.

"And second of all" continued Tzuyu"Nobody will know what we did that night, unless one of us tell to other people the details about our sex life."