Heart to heart

Bas could tell that something was troubling his son. Whenever Perth was bothered he would chew on his lips and scratch his arm. (A/N: Personally I do this, I'm not sure what Perth does tho)

B: Son, are you okay? You can always come to me if there's something troubling you, you know that right?

P: Nothing Papa... Just stressed from school I guess.

B: Hm... Okay, anytime you need something, I'll be in my room okay?

P: Yeah, just make sure you and Dad aren't doing something. I don't think I need a repeat of that incident.

------

  It was past midnight when Perth decided he had to get it off his chest, he just couldn't sleep.

*door knock*

P: Papa...? Are you sleeping?

B: Almost, what do you need? Come let's go downstairs, don't wake your Dad up.

P: It's about Saint... I...

B: You think you like him?

P: Papa- how?

B: I carried you for nine months... If I didn't have a bit of emotional connection with you, I wouldn't be your Papa... I can see it in the way you look at him and treat him. He is your treasure.

P: B-but... we're best friends. How can I like him?

B: Perth, even since you two were young, we already knew that you two had something special. I think that it doesn't matter whether you're best friends or not, you can still get together. Besides, what's bugging you isn't that. It's the fact that you're both alphas isn't it?

P: Yeah... He would never like me. What is there that's good about me anyways? I'm stubborn, messy and dumb...

  Bas pulled Perth in for a warm hug. "My baby boy... you are perfect the way you are now. How can you think that about yourself? You know, I've seen the way Saint stares at you... I have a feeling that he likes you too. I'm not forcing you to go for it but just think about it okay? I want my baby to be happy, regardless of second gender." Perth could only return the hug and nod.

  Soon, Perth fell asleep in the warmth of his parent. Which was a big problem for Bas, if Perth was still seven maybe he would have carried him into his bed but now? He's twenty! Bas had no choice but to wake up the strong man in the house.

"Why is he asleep here anyways?"

  "Nothing much... Just had a heart to heart conversation. Do you need help with him?" Godt shook his head and carried his son up into his bedroom, although he did find him a little heavy, he was never going to tell that to his wife though. He has an image to keep.