𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟥

𝟹ʳᵈ 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗

Entering his office, Kaien tiredly sat down in his chair. He started massaging his temples, feeling a headache forming from the night's events. To make things worse, Zero entered after him with a furious expression on his face.

"You can't seriously let that thing stay here!" he spat out with disbelief and disgust.

"Watch how you speak. If Kaname-kun hears you say that, I'm not sure if even I could stop him from punishing you," Kaien said with a serious face, not a usual occurrence.

Yuki, who entered after Zero, exclaimed, "Is it because she is his fiancé? I didn't even know he had one!"

With a sigh, Kaien answered, "Yes, that person is very important, not only to Kaname-kun."

"What do you mean?" Yuki asked, feeling jealousy forming in her heart, but before Kaien could answer, Zero interrupted.

"I don't care if she's important or not. She needs to leave!" Zero shouted, slamming his hands on the desk.

"Zero, that's enough! I will not hear another word about this matter. And you will not provoke or attack Kara in any shape or form," Kaien stated with finality, "Now, I think it's time for you kids to return to your rooms."

"But–" Yuki began.

"Now!" Kaien ended.

Zero angrily stormed off, banging the door on the way out, causing Yuki to flinch. After a moment of hesitation, she left after Zero.

Releasing another sigh, Kaien leaned back on his chair, dreading the next couple of days that would surely be chaotic with the new addition.

.

"Well, today was fun," said Akatsuki as he sat down in one of the sofas in the main room of their dorms.

"Fun? You call this fun? Why didn't we know that Kaname-sama had a fiancé?" Ruka angrily shouted at Akatsuki's commentary.

"I agree! Takuma," Hanabusa turned to the vice-president, standing behind the couch, "Did you know about this? Why didn't you tell us?" he questioned indignantly.

"I didn't know anything! I am just as shocked as the rest of you. I thought Kaname trusted me. Why didn't he tell me, does he not trust me?" Takuma answered, murmuring the last part to himself, although everyone heard it with their vampire hearing.

Silence filled the room for a few seconds until the snap of Shiki's pocky as he munch on one broke the atmosphere in the air. "Who cares? Isn't it normal for a pureblood to have a fiancé? We just didn't know before, now we do," the words were spoken through his lips while a pocky stick was still in his mouth. Rima, who was sitting next to him on the opposite sofa to Akatsuki's, merely nobbed in agreement.

"How can you say that? Do you not care?" Ruka yelled, her hands were in fists hanging by her side.

"No," Shiki said bluntly, "I don't want to be his wife."

Ruka's face flushed dark red at Shiki's words, lunging to hit him, only for Akatsuki to hold her arms, stopping her advances. "How dare you!" she screeched.

"Shiki!" Takuma admonished his carelessness with Ruka's feelings. However, Shiki simply shrugged his shoulders, standing up and going up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Ruka continued screaming.

"To my room, to sleep," was the only answer she got, Shiki didn't even turn around to dignify her with the response.

Struggling the hands holding her, Ruka crossed her arms, huffing, and started walking in the direction of her room. Akatsuki held a lingering gaze at Ruka's back. Slowly, every member of the night class follow their actions and retreated to their respective rooms.