Chapter Two: The Push (Roman's POV)

I walk into the grand living room of my parents home and groaned as I see my mother sitting with my father. The last thing I needed right now was a family reunion.

"Roman, what a pleasure to see you," she said grinning and getting up to give me a hug.

"You know me mom, busy with the company and clan business," I say as I kiss her cheek. I look over to my dad and nod at him, while he gives me an apologizing smile which both scared and got me nervous. The couple sitting in front of me did not have my parents usual bright smiles. The couple sitting there was every bit of the former King Anton and his Queen Tatyana Stone, with their serious business face on. I then realized that I'm the only one here and that this isn't a family reunion.

"So," I say nervously, "why did you call me to come dad?"

He looks at my mother then at me and my first thoughts are uh-oh.

"I told him to tell you to come Roman. I knew that if I told you, you would have given me an excuse to not show up," my mother explains.

"Mom, you know I love you, but lately every time you call me to talk, either you want to talk about me going to find my beloved or you personally find me a wife."

"Is it so wrong for a mother to want her son to give her grandchildren already?" She said faking a hurt expression while holding a hand towards her heart.

It hit me then. This is a 'Roman's beloved' talk. But I still wondered why my dad was here. She usually corners me alone with no backup for help, why allow my dad who can easily help me out of this?

"Well tell him Anton."

"Tell me what?" I asked with a serious tone, covering up how nervous I felt.

"Son, well, um, your mom and I were talking and well, we think it is time for you to settle down." I was about to speak up then but he interrupted me. "Now before you say anything listen, its been two years since your coronation and you haven't searched for your beloved and it's time for you to find your queen. All the previous kings have found their queen before or after coronation but never after a year, for example I found your mom six months before but yet, you haven't found yours. You need your queen to rule Roman. Its time don't you think?"

I knew it was a rhetorical question but I couldn't help and respond aggressively, "No, I honestly don't so neither should you. Hell much less should you even care about it, it's my life so stay out of it." I regretted it as soon as it came out. I couldn't help it though, I got defensive and my guard was up, not only of me but as the King. My dominance took over, feeling as if he were redirecting me. Not just that, it's how I am, I don't take crap from any one, I'm considered isolated, or closed-up, but this only proves why, I don't like being told what to do or think. I'm good on my own.

"ROMAN STONE YOU DO NOT TALK LIKE THAT TO YOUR FATHER!" My mother said turning red as she spoke.

My dad and I cringed at her sudden booming voice. "I'm sorry mom, and dad, but I don't need somone right now. Don't you think if I needed her she would've appeared by now? What if she's dead and that's why she hasn't appeared?" I spoke without thinking, shrugging slightly.

"Don't say that," my mom half yelled.

"It's true though, she could be dead or moved on by now." I raised an eyebrow suggestively at my mother.

"Well then I hope for your sake she hasn't because if she has then I personally will find you a girl that you will like and marry do you understand Roman?" With that she got up and walked off, I glanced at my dad and saw as he clearly, proudly of his queen, checked her out walking out but I tried to not be disturbed by it. He than turned to me and gave me a disapproving look. I sighed and we got up and headed to the mini bar.

"Son, your mom just wants the best for you, you know that. Try and understand her, search for your beloved and you'll see how happy she'll make you. Trust me, they may seem complicated and hard to understand but they make a you the happiest person ever." My father said while patting me on the back lightly.

"Why though? Why can't I just not have a queen, what if while she makes me happy I don't make her happy?" I said with an annoyed groan.

"It's not about that Roman, yes your queen is there to help you rule, but your beloved is the only one fit for you. She calms you down, loves you and makes you feel whole. She is your other half, the only one to understand you when no one else does. And you will make her happy, as she's your other half, you're her other half." He said with a knowing look.

I sighed and took a sip of my whiskey. I distracted myself with the taste and everything going on. 'So much shits going on in my life, I don't have time for some 'beloved,' I thought to myself.

"Look, I'm not like your mother, I won't push you to do something you don't want, but at least think about it. You won't regret it I can assure you, but don't do anything you don't feel ready for either. Also be careful with your mother, you know she doesn't bluff." With that he walks off the direction my mother went. I sigh and stare at the wall across from me. Why did you have to come Roman. I walk to the couch when my phone rings.

"Stone."

"Roman, we have a problem," my best friend Nikolay, also vice-president of my company, says.

"What is it?"

"The Rostaffs want to sue us for the accident Mr. Rostaff had in the warehouse."

"WHAT?! We already paid for all the medical bills, why also sue us? Are they CRAZY?!"

"Chill man, we can figure this out we just need an attorney." Nikolay said calmly.

"I'm on my way." I hang up and walk out of the house pissed off, without even saying good bye.

---------------------------------------------------------

~

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry that we're taking time to update, its our first story and we want to make it as best as we can. Also we want to put it alot of effort and detail. Hope you like this chapter from Roman's POV. Don't worry, we'll get to the good stuff soon. If you have suggestions or comments let us know.☺

~Yeni