Chapter 39

(A/N: if you guys know the picture above, then I'm sure you'll know this chapter. And, action chapter up ahead. Y/C/N means your codename, don't forget.)

4:30 pm

Y/N's POV

Jiggly 💜

"Hey Jiggly. Just wanna tell you that we're going on a mission right now. I'll call you once when we're done. Maybe later tonight, or tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll always be safe. I love you."

(A/N: hey ARMYs out there. Let me use the purple heart, 'cause it doesn't belong to BTS for fuck sake. I'm an ARMY too, but I can't help but to feel ashamed for the fandom.)

"And...sent." I tapped the send button as the message went through.

"Alright let's go!"

Me and the whole team ran out of the room, geared up, towards the hangar, where a UH-60 Black Hawk is gonna transport us to Kabul.

The meeting between the Afghan government and the Taliban started 30 minutes ago, but we haven't heard anything from it. Guess the government doesn't want anyone interfering them.

We saw the black hawk outside, the rotors about to spin, as we ran towards it. One by one, we entered the helicopter and the pilot looked to us.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Kyle "Buns" Spencer and I will be your pilot for this lovely afternoon. Federal regulations designate this as a non-smoking black hawk helicopter, so please do not try to smoke here or we will kick your ass  out. And as always, the air sickness bags are located in the seatback in front of you. That's for you Ken!" we hear the pilot said as we all laughed at his antic, glancing at Ken.

"Alright Buns we're all on board. Get us airborne or I'll be the one to kick your ass out of here." I said to the pilot.

"Whatever you say Y/C/N." He said as we continued laughing.

"Number one indications are good. Put her on two..." I heard the co-pilot muttered on his radio helmet.

"Alright boys. Strap in." Buns said as the helicopter started ascending from the ground.

We felt the helicopter now flying away from the base, gaining both altitude and speed.

Minutes of flying, we saw another black hawk helicopter from a distance, flying back to base.

"That's Charlie team. Just finished their reconnaissance from the North." Buns said to us.

"Cujo 3-1, this is Atlas 1-1, got to UHF secure. I got something to tell you." I heard Ken said on the radio as the pilot changed the frequency.

"I don't wanna hear it Coffin." We heard Grinch's voice from the radio.

"C'mon sir! This is a good one." Ken said.

"This better be a good one. 'Cause we're all listening over here." We heard Sandman's voice on the radio.

"Seriously Ken. Do you really have to say it now?" Grinch questioned him.

"Yes sir! This cannot wait— pfft!" Ken held his mouth, trying to hold his laugh.

"Alright alright! Just tell us the pun." Grinch said.

"Did you guys know that Stephen King has a son named Joe?" Ken asked as we all listened to the radio.

"Oh god haha." Buns chuckled.