the one with meredith and alakay

Start from the beginning

"How great it feels to be the Chosen One," he said sarcastically.

"It's not funny," I rubbed my temples.

"I know," he shrugged. "But there's not much we can do about it now, can I?"

"Yes," I sighed. "Mrs Weasley said you are to live with us at 12, Grimmauld Place, until the end of summer, seeing as you cannot go back home. . ."

"Why does that place sound familiar?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's your mother's maiden home. It's the Black Residence. There's a really funny picture of you on the family tree," I snorted.

"Wait," he looked at me. "I'll be living there with who exactly?"

"Well," I said nervously. "I spent last summer there with Sirius, who happens to be your uncle or some sort, and occasionally Professor Lupin would drop by. And seeing as they would be married soon, maybe Tonks too, who's your cousin, by the way. . ."

"So, basically I'll be living with my extended family who we don't mention over dinner at the Malfoy's," he rolled his eyes. "Amazing."

"It's not bad," I said. "It's not as lavish as your house, but, it's a home. It's a lot of fun. Kreacher the house-elf loves you already."

"How does Kreacher the house-elf know me?" He sputtered.

"Well, since Sirius turned the Will of the house to Harry, Kreacher is lawfully Harry's servant. And Harry summoned him here to tail you," I said. "And Kreacher mentioned some fabulous things about your flawless skin and sharp jawline-"

"Please," he shuddered. "That's a house-elf. I don't wish to know how he feels about my physique."

I laughed quietly, as he tried to get rid of his disgusted expression. "What do you mean by Mulciber's death? Who killed him?" he asked suddenly. I sighed.

"I did," I said.

He stared up at me with eyes wide. "Like," he sputtered. "Like by mistake? Redirected someone else's spell?"

"No," I said blankly. "It happened in the Astronomy Tower. You were hit with a Crucio and I used a Sectumsempra on Mulciber. He fell, and we found his body a few hours ago."

He looked at me, still wide eyed and a little confused.

"I killed him point blank," I stated. "I murdered a man."

Draco shuddered next to. He looked at me and away, quite a few times, before saying, "I don't know if I should be scared or impressed."

I smiled dryly at him, "Says the boy who Imperiused Yaxley to kill Dolohov."

"Wow," Draco chuckled lightly. "We're officially murderers."

"Well," I looked at him, the idea of killing anyone not so foreign anymore, "I didn't really know if you killed anyone in the foretold. You were very scared, you see. But you're different here," I said, lovingly caressing his perfect hair. "I like it."

Draco opened his mouth to say something, when he abruptly sat up and winced-having put too much weight on his injured left arm-and said, "Do you see what I see?"

"What-"

"Why's the air shimmering there?"

I looked where he pointed and I felt the Resurrection Stone vibrate louder. A small gasp left my mouth as I saw a faint shimmery outline of two. They seemed to be walking out of the hospital wing, slowly. Until the man turned around and his eyes met mine.

"Oh, my God."

-

"Dumbledore gave you the Resurrection Stone," Draco said, as we walked slowly out of the hospital wing. "You had it with you all this time."