Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Ocho (Padrino)

Start from the beginning

"Have you spoken to him about Kike's bautizo?" I turned to Santiago.

That seemed to grab everyone's attention.

"I have not, actually." Santiago leaned back and took a sip from his drink. "I wanted both of us to ask him so that he knows we both agree on this."

"What is it?" Luca asked, looking between both of us curiously.

"We wanted to ask you if you would like to be Kike's padrino?" I asked gently.

I knew he would understand the word padrino. It held the same meaning in both Spanish and Italian.

"You want me to be his Godfather?"

"You were there to help us when Gabby was about to give birth, you proved to be a loyal friend when we were in need." Santiago said to him. "We want Kike to know his Godfather helped us bring him into the world safely."

"Only if you want to be," I added.

"It would be an honor," Luca exclaimed.

I studied him. He looked like he meant it. His face relaxed and he smiled brightly. He was genuinely surprised to find out we had chosen him to be Kike's Godfather.

Luca's connections around the world would come to benefit my son in the future. It was a good thing that we were creating ties to the Italians, something our parents and older generations before us had never bothered to do before. What great business could this bring to the cartels? My brother and Santiago were able to envision a good outcome, so I felt confident in our decision.

"When do you plan on baptizing Kike?" Claire asked from the other end of the table.

Santi turned to look at me.

"I think as soon as we get back to Mexico and we finish closing this business we have here." I answered.

"You'll get to meet the whole family, Moretti" my brother slapped the Italian on the back.

Luca laughed. "I look forward to it."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was back in my room watching over my sleeping son. My friends had joined me in the suite while the men had stayed downstairs enjoying some drinks. Sofia was sprawled out on my bed, on the other side of Kike who slept in between us, while Claire and Nessa took over the love seat couch in the middle of the room.

"I was not expecting you and Santiago would ask Luca to be the Godfather." Sofia said, speaking what had probably been on everyone's mind when we had been at the dinner table.

Well everyone except Martin, of course.

"I know." I answered my friend. "Luca has proved to be a good man. A Godfather should be someone that can protect my son in case his father and I are not here. I believe Luca is powerful enough to do that."

"Leo and I were hoping to be Godparents." Nessa pouted. "But I agree with this idea. Kike's safety is more important than anything."

Claire nodded. "Mike said this can be beneficial to Kike when he becomes leader of the cartel. It's good that you're setting him up for the future, in this business you never know what might happen."

I also informed them that I had suggested to Luca and Santi that we could help out with the planning of the opening party and they were ecstatic about the idea. Working together would make everything much easier and less stressful for everyone. And I knew that Nessa would take the initiative since she loved to do these kinds of things.

My phone vibrated and I picked it up to see a text from Gavin.

Heard from the boss you and your friends are taking over the planning for the party.
Let me know if I can be of any help, bellisima.

Working with Gavin...

I could do this. I wouldn't let his annoying little attitude get to me.

"Luca said Gavin will be at our disposition to help with anything we need." I informed my friends.

"Gavin? Italian Gavin who kidnapped you" Nessa asked with sudden interest.

"Uh-huh."

Sofia glanced at her sister knowingly. "That twinkle in your eye means you're up to no good."

"This is the perfect opportunity to get back at him for what he did to you." Nessa's lip curved into a smirk.

"They have been getting along with each other. I don't want to cause any friction between Santi and Luca."

From what I understood Gavin and Luca had worked together since they were very young. Luca seemed to hold him to very high standards, which is what had earned Gavin his position as the Italian's right hand man.

Nessa rolled her eyes. "It won't be that serious! We're just going to have a little fun..."

That annoying Italian scumbag did not know what a pain in the ass Vanessa could be to the people she hated, but he would find out soon.

A day late but better late than never, right? I hope you guys liked this chapter. Comment your thoughts. I love interacting with y'all!

Follow. Like. Share

Instagram:  wendy112294

Instagram for story: mttmwattpad