Chapter 19: Floating

Skyler's POV:

I was floating. I couldn't feel a thing. I couldn't see a thing. I couldn't hear a thing. It was like I wasn't even there. Like my mind was detached from my body. I tried to move my fingers or my arm or any part of my body but my body was nothing. Literally. I felt like I had no body. When I tried to open my eyes an invisible force was holding them down. I was useless. I couldn't do a thing. As much as I wanted to. As frustrated as I got. Everything was to no avail. I was stuck. Floating. All I had to do now was wait.

---

I don't know how long it has been. It could have been minutes or hours. Maybe even days. I still couldn't see or hear. But I was unfortunately beginning to feel. It would have been better if I hadn't. I was in agony. My body was on fire. I was in agonizing pain. My throat was horse and dry and every bone in my body was aching. I continued to wait. But this time I could feel something, I wasnt sure exactly what it was but it was keeping me sane.

---

I could hear. It was very faint but it was the steady breathing of a person. I could hear it. I started to count their breaths. It kept me sane. I was exhausted. I just wanted to rest, but I couldn't. So I kept counting.

---

I could feel my bones. They were changing. They were snapping back into place. The pain overrides my system and I finally lose track of the breathing and fall into complete darkness.

---

I stirred. My head was pounding and my throat was so dry. I was aching. But the pain wasn't as bad as it had been. I tried to get up. I tried to move. But I couldn't. I was still floating. But I could feel my body. It was heavy, like lead. I panicked when I couldn't locate the breathing. But then slowly the breathing returned and I once again started counting.

---

I was startled to hear words. I had almost forgotten what they sounded like. "How is she?" said an unfamiliar voice.

"Better then yesterday." came the reply. It was the voice that belonged to the breathing. I could tell.

"She'll be okay. It's only been two days. The healing process is working as fast as it can. It was a good idea to bit her when you did. The mating bond is helping her."

"But because of me..." the voice broke into a helpless sob. My heart ached. I wanted to comfort the voice. Tell it it wasn't it's fault. But I was again rendered useless. "It's because of me, she's like this."

"Are you going to cancel the wedding?"

"I don't think I can."

---

Finally. I pried my eyes open. And the first thing I saw was him.

---

A/N: she's not turning into a werewolf. The mating bond helps heal the mate.

:)