Part 1 The meet up before tournament

(None of the pictures are mine)

Ash and his friend Jack walk down towards Hyper city where an extremely  famous tournament is happening. 

Jack speaks up "I heard this tournament is being held by a group known as R Battlers and they've spread the news world wide, who knows what kind of trainers we'll be up against." Ash laughs it off and looks at Jack "I don't care who it is, I'm ready to win with Pikachu no matter what we're up against right buddy?" Pikachu gives a cute smile "Pika!" Jack laughed "Glad you're confident, me and Charizard will make sure to match that." 

The pair finally walk into Hyper city where they headed straight to the Pokémon center to heal up they're teams. Jack went to heal his Pokémon, meanwhile Ash heads over to grab a bite to eat at the café near the trainer, a voice behind him says "Well there's a familiar face,  didn't think you'd be here." 

Ash swiftly turned around to face his old friend and rival Gladion. Ash smiles happily "Gladion!! I didn't think that you'd be here!" Gladion laughs a bit "I'm here for the tournament same as you I'm guessing, you entering with Pikachu?" 

Ash laughs "Yeah, I'll call Professor Oak to pick up some Pokémon" Gladion looks confused and replies "Ash this tournament only wants your strongest Pokémon."

Ash jumps back "I only get one Pokémon?!" Gladion smiles "Yeah, I'm entering with Sivally."  Ash looks at him confused "I guess I'll enter with Pikachu, do you know who else is entering?" 

"All I know is there's 8 trainers total, the people making the tournament R Battlers have kept a pretty tight lid on everything involving the tournament participants." As they talk a young girl walks in.   

Gladion stares at her "Woah" Ash looks at her and then back at Gladion "Gladion? Gladion? GLADION?!" Ash splashes a glass of water into Gladion's face "What the hell was that for?!" 

Ash sighs "Well you wouldn't answer me you just kept staring at that girl" Gladion blushed a bit before responding "S-Sorry what were you going to ask?" Ash sighs "I wanted to know if Lillie is with you." 

Gladion shakes his head "She couldn't make it she was working with Magearna to see what it can do." Ash looks down at his cookies "That's too bad I was hoping she'd come watch the tournament."  Ash get's up "I should head back to the center want to come" Gladion continued staring at the girl "Huh oh yea sure." 

As they leave they bump into Paul who looks at Ash "Figures you'd be here" Ash smiles "Paul great to see you!" Paul sneers "Know this, I will defeat you here in this tournament, we will meet in the finals." Paul continues walking.

Gladion looks confused "Friend of yours?" Ash smiles "You could say that." He and Gladion head towards the Pokémon center where Jack smiles "Hey Ash, huh  who's your friend?" Ash laughs "This is my good friend Gladion." They shake hands and as they talk a boy runs up to them. 

Richie and Sparky run over towards the group "Ash!" Ash smiles "Oh man Ritchie its been so long!" They high five as Pikachu and Sparky smack their tails together "Pika!" 

Gladion looks at them "Who are you? Are you here for the tournament?" Ritchie smiles and nods "Mhm, I'm entering with Sparky!" Sparky smiles and gives a confident pose "Pika!" Jack smugly says "You'll all lose to my Charizard, we're going to be the best."

Ash and Ritchie respond "No way, I will win!" They both look at each other laugh. Gladion meanwhile seems distracted like his mind is on more than just the tournament. 

A tall boy walks over "I don't know if I'd say that you two" Everyone glances over at who he is.

Ash smiles "Alain?!" Alain smirks "How have you been Ash?" He shakes Ash's hand, Ash smiles "Great, are you and Charizard entering the tournament?" Alain smirks "No, we're winning the tournament

Ash smiles "Alain?!" Alain smirks "How have you been Ash?" He shakes Ash's hand, Ash smiles "Great, are you and Charizard entering the tournament?" Alain smirks "No, we're winning the tournament." Jack is blown away "Another Charizard trainer?!" Alain smiles "So you have a charizard as well?"

"Yea it's pretty strong" Ash looks at Alain's wrist "Is that a new mega ring?" Alain laughs "Oh yeah, I finally found my own mega ring and a mega stone for Charizard." Jack is even more shocked "Mega evolution?! How can I even compete?!" 

Gladion sighs "I'm sure you'll be just fine" Ritchie speaks up "He's right what matters in a battle is the bound between trainer and Pokémon, that's what matter as long as you and your charizard want to win and fight together, mega evolution shouldn't matter." 

Ash smiles "Yea, but wait that only has six of us involved in this thing, who are the other two." Jack looks confused "There's five of us here Ash."

Ash looks at Jack "My friend Paul is also competing he just isn't here so that makes six" Gladion raises his hand to his chin "Good point, I read there would be eight trainers competing in this tournament."

Jack looks around the Pokemon center "Honestly anyone in the city could be competing against us, I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone in this center." 

Meanwhile in the stadium observatory

The man speaks "Is the stage set?" The three followers Jessie, James and Meowth speak "Yes sir!" The man smirks smugly "Good tomorrow it's show time" He laughs as he glances down at the tournament battle ground and seats where tomorrow trainers al...

The man speaks "Is the stage set?" The three followers Jessie, James and Meowth speak "Yes sir!" The man smirks smugly "Good tomorrow it's show time" He laughs as he glances down at the tournament battle ground and seats where tomorrow trainers all over the world will gather and full power Pokémon will to.