Gaming with the stargazer

Start from the beginning

It was Saturday and both of them had their usual weekends off. Asfandyar and Zubiya had contradictory routines throughout the day. Asfandyar had spent his all day gaming, playing Fortnite on his Xbox. It was one of his favourite video games. He always got captured within the chaos and brutality of war and the battle arena. The realism in the game itself helped to stand apart from the rest of the military shooters and as a result he was quite engrossed with all the weapons, vehicles, and the level designs. 

On the other hand, Zubiya had literally imprisoned herself in the room. She was thriving and was accompanied by her medical books the whole day. She had to recall medical terms and different definitions, diagnotics, symptoms of several diseases she had forgotten, that once used to exist. Revising her medical knowledge was compulsary before giving her exams. The low anxiety was striking her with intrusive thoughts, making her feel debilitated by the coming verification exams.

The constant booms and muzzle shoot effects from the rumbling of high base sounds and the unrhythmatic thumping filled the house. It seemed like all the things in the lounge had recently acquired vibration, because they were out of ordinarily locomotion. As louder and louder thumps made their way to the bedroom, Zubiya grunted the umpteenth time. She fisted her loose strands of hair and gritted again. The Cellular Respiration was already making no sense to her, the metabollic reactions and the processes within the organisms, the conversion of the energies into Adenosine triphosphate was extremely abstrusing. It went flying over her head and memorising all the terms was a real monument task. Now having sheer obsecurity with the topic and non-stop noise coming from the lounge, she wanted to go and rip the flex cable of the Xbox apart.

When the noises became unusally high, the skin on her face felt reeling and the vein seemed struggling to free itself from the centre of the forhead. Running dry with patience she closed the books in a swift and rushed out.

-

She was standing midway from where, her gamer boy was sitting, instead he was almost laying over the couch with a black matte controller in his hands and cushions all littered around him. He was draped with a beige thrower on his lower body. Cladded in a white T-shirt and sweatpants, hair disheleved and his eyes almost turning square Zubiya so wanted to yell at him for making the house go on a major geological fault and for creating noises beyond her decible frequency yet she found herself adoring his sight. He was such a boy!

"Baba Mama ghar pe nahi hain, isliye non-stop gaming chal rahi hai aapki. Subah se lagay hoye hain, poora din, poori shaam aur abb raat hogayi hai. I swear ager woh hotay na tou yeh poora system utha kar bahir phenk dete." She carried on with her quibble as he rubbed his eyes. He literally wanted to turn the volume up again and resume with his game but that would have left her highly offended and he was not ready for a sorry-session again.

"Woh nahi hain isliye tou poora din beth ke gaming ka chance mila hai. Poora week itna hectic tha, Monday ko bhi aik scheduled surgery hai. Itna tou mera haq hai ke mein weekend pe gaming kar sakoon. Uper se aap bhi mujhe bilkul time nahi de raheen isliye mujhe abb yahi karna par raha hai. Aap mujhe mera desired time dein, mein yeh foran chor doon ga." he replied grinning as he continued to look at her with playfulness in his eyes.

She ignored his usual demands and carried on with the cavil. "Aur yeh kya itni unchi awaaz ki hoyi hai, har dou minute baad shor hota rehta hai. Pooray shehar ko ilm hogaya hai ke apke pass Xbox hai, abb aap awaaz zara halki karlein. Bohat meherbani hogi apki kyun ke yahan, iss ghar mein aur bhi loug rehte hain!" She pleaded with an irony tone, mockingly looking at him.

"Nahi na. Low volume ke sath gaming mein na tempo banta hai na hi feels aati hain." He justified. His tantrums were legendary, the whole city could hear them one on their peaks.