Children | LXII

It was a hilarious sight. "Aren't you the cutest?" Raph leaned over the sofa, unaware of the camera running in Brie's hands. "I love you, sweetie," he smiled.
"Do you have suggestions?" Sam watched over the kids from the island counter. "Any of your siblings?"
"I think I should let you pick some names," Gabriel sat, sitting in the barstool beside Sam's. "Also, Dean's been bugging me for ages."
"Sounds like a solid reason not to name any kids Dean." Sam chuckled. "For the boy, I was thinking about Adam."
Gabriel nodded. "For the girls?"
"We have a list." Sam watched. "Jessica? Millie? Cas?" Sam listed. "How about Sammie. You know, for Samandriel."
"I like it." Gabe stirred in his coffee. "What about you and Sarah?"
"What about us?"
Gabriel shrugged. "Are you thinking about kids? Marriage?"
"Uhm, yeah." Sam nodded. "I... proposed. Yesterday."
"Oh." Gabriel smiled. "Congrats. You didn't tell me."
Sam nodded and took a sip of his own coffee. "I thought it'd be awkward."
"Probably." Gabriel shrugged. "I'm happy for you."
Sam smiled, but it quickly faded as someone hammered at the door. "Serah, it's not locked. Don't break down the door."
The door swung opened. A messy-haired Serah walked in, eyes wide as she watched the island. "Pop? Didn't think you'd come here..."
"I was invited," Gabriel said.
Serah paused and watched the men as if cogs were spinning in her brain. "Can you give Dean something for me?" She scrambled in her pockets for a pen and paper and hectically scribbled something down. "I met someone who he'd like to meet again. If he has any questions, he should call me." She handed Gabriel the note; her fingers lingered on the paper. "I'm still mad. Not just at you, but also Dean and Cas. You messed up..." She paused before sighing. "But, I guess things are better now." She let go of the paper. "I gotta go. I have a roommate to feed."
"A boyfriend," Raph said.
"Shut it." Serah watched her parents before nodding to herself and walking back out of the door.
Raph watched after her. "Am I going to far with the jokes?"
"Nah." Brie smiled. "I bet Serah is just tired after work." Her eyes wandered to the babies. "So, names?" She tried to pick up one of the girls before she cried out. "Back..."
Raph tilted his head. "Okay, lean back." He picked up the child and walked over to his sister. "There we go, careful." He slowly put her on Brie's lap.
"Thank you." Brie wrapped her arms around her and smiled.
Sam couldn't but smile. It warmed his heart to see them get along so well with the kids. "They're adorable."
"They are," Gabriel said. "Dean really wants to play with them, but they start crying every time he enters the room."
Sam chuckled. "How about Cas?" he asked. "How's Cas doing?"
"Alright, I suppose." He shrugged. "He's been with Chey a lot lately. Sometimes he and Dean spend the evening together, but really... It's not like it used to be—lots of fighting still."
It sucked that their family fell apart before he even knew what happened. He may have heard what happened, but it was hard to believe that his brother and his best friend could act like that.
"Sam?" Gabriel put his hand on Sam's, watching him with worry. "You okay?"
Sam sighed. "I'm fine." He rubbed his hand over his face. "Don't worry about it."
Gabriel seemed skeptical but just got up and walked to their children. "You're having fun?"
"A little scared fo break her." Brie wrapped her arm tighter around the baby. "Kinda stressful."
"You're doing great," Raph said. "Don't drop 'em, and you're fine." He looked up. "They're cute."
"Remind me of you when you were so young." Gabriel smiled. "You were adorable."
Raph shrugged. "I guess so."
XXX
not saying im burning out but uhm writing this is exhausting when nobody reads this