t w o

"Who the hell are you?" I asked the man standing at my front door. He was young but not as young as me. He looked tired, and he was wearing simple baggy clothes. A black crew neck, black jeans, and simple black original converse. He had his mid-length black hair pulled back, but it was still somehow messy.

He didn't seem to have weapons, didn't even seem to pose a threat. Had no bloodlust either. Just a random man knocking at a 15-year-old's door. Nothing weird about that at all...

"Listen if you're a Jehovah's Witness I'm sure you and your group do wonderful things but I'm not interested, sorry dude." I slammed the door but he grabbed it with his hands and forced it back open.

"Name's Shota Aizawa." He said as he took out his wallet and showed me his Provisional Hero License "Also known as Pro-Hero Eraserhead. I am a teacher at U.A. High in Japan, I'm sure you've heard about it."

Oh... Oh!

I grabbed his wallet, inspecting his license still trying to keep my composure that I was talking to not only a pro hero but a pro hero from one of the most prestigious schools in the entire world. If you were to become a hero, your best shot was out of any U.A. High location.

"Come in."

"You live alone?" He asked and I nodded. He sounded like a 15-year-old living on their own was a crime.

Like he couldn't fathom how parents let alone the government could just completely isolate a growing kid without a care in the world.

Don't they know being left alone with your own thoughts is more damaging to the brain than drugs?

"Unless you count the twenty-four surveillance cameras they think I don't know about, yeah." I pointed to a couple. "I am alone."

One in the flowerpot, one in the TV, another in the corner...

"Do you want anything? Water, lemonade, beer, cocaine? I'm Kidding, FBI agent assigned to my case."

"Listen kid." Shota said as I sat back down with him and passed him a water bottle. "You have potential, that's clear. And clearly, they have given up on you here."

"Yeah, I know. No need to rub it in my face."

"So come to Japan." he offered "You can go to U.A. at no cost. We'll make you into a pro hero. The administration talked it over and not giving a kid with your potential a chance would be idiotic on all the parties involved. We  want you, we have permission from the US government, the last person's approval we will need is yours."

"I'm intrigued." I said, "How much time do I have to think about it?"

I already knew my answer, but for some reason needed to hear that someone out there was willing to accept me, whenever, wherever, no matter the risk.

"As long as it takes, Katara."

"You got yourself a deal, Mr. Aizawa- sir..." I said and he chuckled before getting up. I did the same and followed him to the front door.

He placed his large hand on my head, something that I didn't know I had longed for but needed. It was like when a parent tells you they are proud of you, something that I had never heard. As much as I felt bad for putting the burden on him, I now looked at this scruffed-up man as a role model.

"Call me Shota." he said "Unless we're in a school setting, Then Call me Mr. Aizawa."

"No problem, Shota," I said as I looked up at him. "I'm guessing I'll see you soon then, right?"